Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Arkansas Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Arkansas on
Q: If a renter has been gone all month and had got in trouble leaving there 10 cats a snake 9 dogs all in house never clean

House what I have to do about abatement

And eviction them.

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law for Arkansas on
Q: Can I get backpay for Arkansas unemployment?

I was terminated in Fb 2021. I filed electronically but unemployment said they didn't receive. I could not get into the office due to limited hours and number of people allowed at a time at the unemployment office. I looked for work every day and found a job, in Texas and started working... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law for Arkansas on
Q: My job refuses to listen to me and properly accommodate me for my disability. They want to move me to a lower paying.

They want to move me to a lower paying job instead of giveing me the tools to do my job. What are my legal rights?

Chris W. Burks
Chris W. Burks answered on Sep 22, 2021

Thanks and you should speak with an employment law attorney. They can likely tell you if the accommodation you seek is reasonable, and if your situation is covered by the law.

The law that likely applies is the Americans with Disabilities Act, called the ADA, protects against disability...
Read more »

3 Answers | Asked in Employment Law for Arkansas on
Q: My job makes us clock in and go to the floor to work 15 minutes early but no pay is issued for the time. Is that legal

I work in a factory with 12 hr shifts from 5:30 to 5:30. Employees are allowed to clock in up to 30 minutes early. My department is required to go to the floor and relieve the other shift and start working at 5:15 . In pursuant of being compensated accordingly, I refused to show up early and not... Read more »

Rhiannon Herbert
Rhiannon Herbert answered on Sep 22, 2021

Employees must be compensated for all time they work, but employers are permitted to mandate early arrivals, late departures, or otherwise change your schedule as long as you are paid for it. In this situation, your employer is permitted to ask you to begin work at 5:15 instead of 5:30 assuming the... Read more »

View More Answers

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts for Arkansas on
Q: So are we supposed to make down payments on cars?
0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Small Claims for Arkansas on
Q: How do i go by collecting on a judgement of a small claim if you dont have the defendant place of employment or address

And you have won judgement and defendant haven't responded



0 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents for Arkansas on
Q: Left the scene of an accident, I was not hurt, injured and the crash was a single vehicle incident involving only me.

I was on a county road headed to my friends house and I was driving a little to fast for a curve. I wrecked and hit a tree. No injuries or anything, I was not under any influence of drugs/alcohol but the truck was completely totaled. This was 9:30 at night and I was 5 minutes from my friends house... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for Arkansas on
Q: Title jumping from dealer ship we need help

We bought a car from a car at Lee Daniels in Springdale Arkansas they gave us a title after we went to refinance the vehicle but the title was in somebody else's name they don't want to help us with it we don't know what to do they should be sued what they did to us was wrong what can we do

0 Answers | Asked in Child Custody for Arkansas on
Q: What can I do about not being able to find any court records on my custody case with my kids.

I went to prison and while in prison my kids "supposedly" got granted thru the court to stay with my aunt but the ONLY paperwork I ever received was an adjustication hearing. . when I was released I went to the courthouse and requested all papers on my case and it stated my aunt was... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Communications Law for Arkansas on
Q: what do you need to become a lawyer?

what is all the steps to becoming a lawyer

W. Whitfield Hyman
W. Whitfield Hyman answered on Sep 21, 2021

1. Graduate High School or earn a GED.

2. Earn a bachelor’s degree in anything from a college. Takes about 4 years.

3. Take the LSAT while in college (maybe they allow other tests now I’m not sure).

4. Complete law school (3 years).

5. Pass the bar exam in the...
Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Arkansas on
Q: My parole officer gave me permission to leave the state for inpatient treatment and charged me with absconding

I am on parole in Arkansas and after coming to treatment in Florida me and my parole officer still had visits and I still made payments. My visits were on the phone in my case manager‘s office when I was in the inpatient program. I actually talked to him about a week ago and he told me that I was... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law for Arkansas on
Q: I have an enhanced CHCL, Employer is a city, threatened to fire me if i have my firearm in a locked safe out if view

City of North Little Rock AR.

Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II answered on Sep 22, 2021

Under Arkansas statutes §5-73-306. Prohibited places. (7) you are prohibited from carrying the firearm anywhere a government body meets. Your "enhanced" permit allows carry in places previously prohibited, however, Ark. Code Ann. § 5-73-306(18) allows the property owners/controllers to... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Child Support for Arkansas on
Q: I just received child support papers that I am told to fill out. But the father and I parent the child together.

And there is no need for the child support. Is there any way I can opt out of this or terminate this. As we pay for everything together

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Education Law and Employment Law for Arkansas on
Q: Can a school district prevent you from teaching for the next school year if you request release from your contract?

I had signed my contract in May after the district said they would take it as a resignation for anyone that did not turn in a signed contract by the end of May 2021. I have kids to support so out of fear of unemployment I signed the contract. There were teachers resigning left and right. The... Read more »

Chris W. Burks
Chris W. Burks answered on Sep 20, 2021

Thanks and you should speak to an Arkansas employment and education law attorney. The Arkansas Teacher Fair Dismissal Act does provide some protections to teachers, and many districts will release teachers from their contracts under circumstances similar to the ones you identified. By working... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law, Business Law, Civil Rights and Employment Discrimination for Arkansas on
Q: Company is under 100 workers. Company I work for is planning a vaccine mandate for some workers, but not ALL.

The workers not being required to get the vaccine are our technicians, who are in and out of the office daily, in the shop daily, and inside other customers businesses daily. Our technicians get more exposure than anyone else, not only exposed to our companies workers, but exposure to sometimes... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Adoption, Child Custody and Child Support for Arkansas on
Q: I have a protection order against my childrens father for a year. Gotten no child support. Can I terminate his rights?

He didn't protest the protection order. Admitted to all the abuse. Never paid any type of child support. Can I get full custody and terminate his rights?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.