Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Legal Malpractice legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Connecticut Legal Malpractice Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Litigation, Legal Malpractice and Libel & Slander for Connecticut on
Q: Can an attorney make false allegations/statements claiming a custodial parent abducted their own child to state police?

Disabled mom escapes years of physical abuse with child. we were relocated by a domestic violence shelter out-of-state for safety. After 1.5 years of living free from abuse, a attorney who was a previous GAL on a child custody court case from years prior, made false allegations that I, the... View More

Alan Harrison
Alan Harrison
answered on Jun 20, 2024

Consider contacting Connecticut's Statewide Grievance Committee, which handles complaints against attorneys for professional misconduct.

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice for Connecticut on
Q: How do you handle a situation when your legal team is misrepresenting you and not being honest with you?

I have a law firm helping me with my workers comp case.

Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
answered on Nov 28, 2023

A few options.

First, talk with the legal team as to your concerns.

If that does not work, put your concerns in writing to the lawyer.

Finally, hire a new attorney (hire a new attorney before firing you old attorney).

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice for Connecticut on
Q: i signed an agreement with an attorney and now he's saying he doesn't intend make an appearance on my behalf.

i have a pending lawsuit against my former employer. the attorney i had, left the firm but told me the firm's partner would take the case. he's licensed in Ct and Ny. i have a signed agreement, put down a retainer and the rest was on contingency. now I'm being told i signed an... View More

Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
answered on Jun 5, 2023

An attorney who appears or files anything in a case cannot drop the case without a substitution of attorney signed by the client or an Order from the Court.

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice, Personal Injury and Family Law for Connecticut on
Q: My therapist was found guilty how do I go about compensation for pain and suffering? How 2 get his insurance?

Ga Board of licensed counselor... Found him guilty. We have a baby that he has custody of. He lies in court while we were in court for the children, cause I relapsed after his therapy. No one would listen to me when I tried to tell them. Now he is on probation etc. Do I start a civil law suit?... View More

Joseph Maya
Joseph Maya pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 15, 2021

I am sorry to hear about your situation. To fully address your legal issue, you will probably need to hire an attorney licensed to practice in Connecticut. I wish you the best of luck in the resolution of your situation.

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice for Connecticut on
Q: Need a legal mal practice attorney near Norwalk CT

Need to sue my real estate attorney

Max Lavit Rosenberg
Max Lavit Rosenberg
answered on Jul 19, 2019

I would be very interested in knowing more about your case. How did your attorney commit malpractice?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Legal Malpractice for Connecticut on
Q: Where can I find a Lawyer to help me Sue my present Lawyer for Attorney- Client sexual relations?
Lindy R. Urso
Lindy R. Urso
answered on Feb 8, 2018

The first thing I suggest is that you seek an attorney from a town far away from that in which the subject attorney practice law, as local lawyers are generally a fairly tight group and do not like going after one another. Beside that, you simply need to find firms that do civil litigation and... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.