Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Civil Litigation Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation and Small Claims for Arkansas on
Q: My friend blocked me and hasn’t paid me back, what can I do now?

I gave my friend 1,200 dollars to borrow and made a deal where she would pay $50 every saturday until it’s all paid back. She hasn’t been paying it back in almost two months. I have tried to contact her husband but he’s no help either. What can I do now?

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation, Contracts, Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for Florida on
Q: I have some questions about Nursing/Breech of contract involving hours I was contracted for but did not receive

Let me just send you a brief description of my last email to them. And this is just a small part of what’s been going on for 3 months.

I will no longer be bullied, harassed, and discriminated against by Xxxxx Technologies,LLC and Xxx. I have been more then patient with all of you and... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation and Small Claims for Ohio on
Q: If an ex boyfriends mom gave me a phone and added me to her phone plan, then suspends my phone and threatens me with the

Police is that legal? She gifted it to me and now I’m being told that if I don’t return it she will get the police involved and use my phone records.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Business Law, Civil Litigation and Legal Malpractice for California on
Q: Where does it say in California law that a trustee must maintain trust assets (i.e. rental property for beneficiary)?

In this situation, rental income is to be used for the beneficiary's Special Needs Trust. There is a home that needs to be cleaned and rented yet the trustee has not done anything to take control of the property, clean and get it back on the rental market. I feel this is a breach of his... Read more »

Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik answered on Jan 17, 2022

Anyone, with good reason, can petition the court to have the trustee replaced. Failure to fulfill the fiduciary duties is a good reason for replacement.

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation for Alabama on
Q: Is it legal to file for an abandoned title when some has filed a case against you?

I filed a claim in small claims court against a business, WHEN I went to court on the matter I find our the person filed for an abandoned title in my vehicle. How is that legal?

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights, Civil Litigation and Gov & Administrative Law for Iowa on
Q: Can I sue a police officer for a wrongful arrest?

This is summarized:

Many years ago when I was an opiate addict at the Methadone clinic (I am now clean and have been for years) the police raided my house for marijuana. My mother was there and arrived the day before. Therefore she was "staying/visiting" at my home. My father... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation for Georgia on
Q: i have been put in danger most all name and charter being damage because this with going on.public transportation

i am being public damage with character from public need my life back.this hard for me to walk the streets behind this talk and its hard to deal with i cant even live my life with out hearing or being treaten because of it

0 Answers | Asked in Tax Law, Civil Litigation and Gov & Administrative Law for California on
Q: Is it legal for the IRS or any other Government agency to offset the stimulus checks by calling it a tax rebate credit

I did not receive a stimulus check and claimed the first two checks as a rebate credit on my taxes! Years before I had received a $31000 fine at a border by Customs! The Government offset that fine by taking my entire stimulus payment claiming it was a rebate credit!

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Environmental for West Virginia on
Q: WV, HOA sinkholes, flooding camera inspect. shows rotten pipe my yard, recommended replacing. HOA refuses to pay for it?

HOA says sinkholes and flooding in my yard not due to 20ft collapsed drainage pipe in my yard, but blocked drains. Regardless is the HOA responsible for replacing the collapsed pipe as recommended by the company they hired to inspect the whole drainage system with cameras? I attempted to get a... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights, Employment Discrimination and Legal Malpractice for New York on
Q: Do I have a case for false arrest & maliceous Prosecution?I was accused of commiting a crime and it got dimissed on 3030

I was accused of stealing a phone on my job on 9/11/2021.I got arrested for a felony Grand theft. When I went to count it got downgraded to mismenandor two counts(one for Petit Larceny and Criminal Possession of stolen property). I was offered a restitution to dismissal at the Arrangement and the... Read more »

Roy Warner
Roy Warner answered on Jan 15, 2022

Depends on who made the criminal complaint, and whether it was false and done with malice. Any lawyer you consult will need far more facts that you have provided.

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation and Small Claims for California on
Q: In a small claims case. How would one go about informing the court of a proof of service form that is false ?

We were served by an unknown individual at an unknown time.The order to appear was left in the wrong mailbox, unaddressed and not directly to either of us...

0 Answers | Asked in Banking, Civil Litigation and Collections for New Jersey on
Q: Can a court levy my bank account without notification of any court case against me?

I currently live in FL. Previously lived in NJ. Noticed today that checking and savings accounts were levied. When I spoke to my bank, they said the superior court of NJ authorized this. I never received any notification of a pending court case against me. The address on my license and with the... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation, Contracts, Election Law and Mergers & Acquisitions for Louisiana on
Q: MP police Digital government affairs Feedback: Open Data Policy (M 13-13) U.S. Department of Labor information data

MP police Digital government affairs Feedback: Open Data Policy (M 13-13) U.S. Department of Labor information data updating upgrading CareerOneStop Feedback Search Expand Career skills 14 days have passed without workers compensation Final decision letters mail alerts New Orleans federal end to... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights, Federal Crimes and Identity Theft for New York on
Q: How can I sue USPS for dereliction of duty and internal corruption?

I have been using the Informed Delivery service for several years, until one day there was a problem with my account, and now USPS has refused to restore my Informed Delivery service without any reason, so that my mail are stolen every day, and I am sure that the loss of mail has something to do... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation and Real Estate Law for Colorado on
Q: I live in CO and I want to break my lease and they want to charge me fee to do that. How can I avoid paying that fee?

The new management company does not maintain the property, I chose to live there because it has access control and secure parking, but now the access control isn't working, the door handles are broken or the doors doesn't close properly, the gate for the garage is permanently open and... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation, Estate Planning and Probate for Texas on
Q: I know in Arkansas there is no common law marriage honored. As a common law for 22 years (yes I know it doesn't matter

how many years) do I have any upper hands on an intastate insolvent probate procedure. ANY claims I can file, any upholds or stop preceures.

0 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts, Civil Litigation and Small Claims for California on
Q: Kohler plumber refuses to pay consumer directly for damage done to property. Can he do this?

Kohler sent a plumber to fix our bathtub drain. The plumber was very careless and put tools/drain parts directly onto our new marble countertop and damaged it. The plumber has accepted responsibility but refuses to pay me directly. He wants only to pay a vendor and I can't do the work... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning, Real Estate Law, Civil Litigation and Probate for Maryland on
Q: Can the PR of my mothers estate allow someone I object to to move in and collect rent?

My sister is the PR of the estate, I have a friend who is interested in renting out a room but my sister only wants my brother to rent it, I don’t feel comfortable with that Decision as I’m living in the house and he has anger and alcoholic issues and I’m concerned about my well-being can she... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.