Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Small Claims legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Idaho Small Claims Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Civil Litigation and Small Claims for Idaho on
Q: A price was agreed on regarding purchase of a dog. I paid price. She won't give me the dog. Does she owe me the dog?

Original asking 200, I said I could not afford that. She asked what I could afford, I said my max limit was 100.00. she said she was okay with that. I said okay and paid the 100.00. she said she would deliver the dog. Several hours later she insisted I send her another 100 because she took dog to... View More

Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
answered on Dec 28, 2022

She owes you $100, period. She proposed what we call a "counter offer," i.e., you get the dog if you pay $100 + cost of rehoming etc. This "counteroffer" was NOT accepted by you. The only offer and acceptance of that offer, was your acceptance of her offer to sell the dog to... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Small Claims for Idaho on
Q: An employee forgot to give me $2100 for delivery until I asked at which time I did receive the $2100. Any legal action?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jun 24, 2021

An Idaho attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. It looks like you were paid the $2,100 you requested. It's not fully clear what the damages you're claiming would be - (1) is it interest on the money, (2) or damages suffered as a result of the delay? Without... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Small Claims for Idaho on
Q: Can someone sue for property not returned if it then is returned?

A previous employer mailed me a printer and requested it back after I left their company. I have no vehicle and had no means to bring it down. I lost contact with them and just got into my email to find a threat to sue that has passed. I arranged a way to return the property and just want this... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jul 3, 2021

An Idaho attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for four weeks. No one here could predict what they would do. It's good that you made arrangements to return the printer. If you haven't already, let them know about the arrangements you made so they don't move forward... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Small Claims, Criminal Law and Civil Litigation for Idaho on
Q: I have no proof of who damaged my vehicles, but I know who it was, what do I do?

April 12, 2020 around 11 pm, i heard noises outside of my house, this morning when I came outside both of my vehicles had damages to them, one has a broken windshield, and the other has a big dent in the side by the front door, I know it was an ex boyfriend and his friends, but I have no proof.

Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
answered on Apr 13, 2020

That’s tough! But if your ex had someone else with him it MIGHT be possible to get him to talk or overhear him talking or ask people who are mutual friends if they wouldn’t mind keeping an ear to the conversations. If you did get someone to talk, you could offer them immunity if they will tell... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Animal / Dog Law, Landlord - Tenant and Small Claims for Idaho on
Q: My landlord is keeping my pet deposit for scratches on her door that she showed me. I couldn't see any. I've had people

Over and they could not see any either. I took pictures but my phone got stolen. When I moved out I gave her a demand letter which she did not respond to. She never gave me a letter telling me why she was keeping my deposit. She also never kept my deposits in a separate account. Regarding my... View More

Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
answered on Mar 15, 2020

It is the security deposit that landlords are NOT entitled to keep. If your contract HAS a provision for a pet deposit, the landlord’s keeping it COULD BE a pitifully slow way for her to build her fortune, one pet deposit after another! But I doubt that. Instead I think that your dear pet MSY... View More

3 Answers | Asked in Business Law and Small Claims for Idaho on
Q: Verbal business agreement to buy wood. Wood was not fully delivered and payment was made. The seller refused to deliver.

3 cords of wood were bought and the seller only delivered 1 1/2. Stated that the rest would be delivered the next day. It has been 2 months and wood or money has not been returned.

Michael Hales
Michael Hales
answered on Oct 29, 2018

Although you don't have a writing, it appears that you have evidence that a contract was entered. It will now be an issue of forcing delivery. Please contact an attorney if you need assistance.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Real Estate Law and Small Claims for Idaho on
Q: If I can't shovel snow, can someone sue me if they fall bc of snow/ice on sidewalk in front of the house I'm renting?

I'm disabled

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jan 14, 2017

Check the lease. If keeping sidewalks clear is on you then yes, they can. Maybe arrange with a local kid to do it if it is.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.