Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Idaho Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for Idaho on
Q: Can my boss make me drive my car to work?

I live less than 2 blocks away from work and my boss is telling me to drive my car to let customers know the restaurant is open. I don't use my car for anything else while I'm at work and I've explained to him that my car is on its last leg. So driving it isn't an option. But he... Read more »

John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Nov 28, 2022

Tell him that a Tesla Plaid would not only show the restaurant is open but attract top paying customers. Given how little he pays you, he should buy you a Tesla Plaid to drive to work every day. That would up the quality of his clientele and pay for the Plaid within a few weeks.

1 Answer | Asked in Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for Idaho on
Q: In Idaho, when doing a lot line adjustment, if there are any liens or such on property do they stay with original lot?

Neighboring owner is selling us 4.6 acres that attaches to our property.

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
answered on Nov 23, 2022

If there is a Lien against the real property, then it remains despite any number of conveyances. It is not released because the lot becomes part of a larger tract.

0 Answers | Asked in Tax Law for Idaho on
Q: Tax question

My husband and I are separated (not divorced), living apart. He bought me out of my share of the equity in our house. He is still living in the house. I am renting another property. Do I have to pay taxes on that amount at the end of the year?

0 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law and Municipal Law for Idaho on
Q: Can a city water utility continue to charge you monthly for a service that was disconnected for non payment since august

In Saint Anthony, Idaho I had my city water, garbage, and sewer services stopped/ disconnected mid august for non payment. When it was shut off they left a tag on my door that said that I owed $190 and that I had to pay it to get everything going again. Then mid September I had the money to pay it... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Idaho on
Q: If someone shot at your house and you took off after them and shot the person ? Why would you serve life for protecting
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
answered on Nov 24, 2022

Because of the time he had to “think about” shooting someone. It’s called “premeditation.” Chasing after the shooter in a car, isn’t “defensive,” it “offensive.”

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Idaho on
Q: If i'm out on bail why do I have to give mandatory random UA's ?

Why is the courts making me give mandatory random UA's at my expense while out on bail ? I missed a couple appointments, once because I didn't have the money to pay and the other time I was on the job and to far to make it there on time. All the UA's that I did take were clean , no... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Elder Law for Idaho on
Q: If I get Guardianship/Conservatorship over my father's estate what happens to the Power of Attorney

that my father gave his live in girlfriend ?

Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
answered on Nov 24, 2022

It will instantly VOID the Power of Attorney he gave the GF!

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Idaho on
Q: The child turned 16 years old and has a full-time job. The child lives 187 miles from the non-custodial parent.

Our child just started a full-time job and lives 187 miles away from the non-custodial parent, who has every other weekend and every other holiday visitation. The non-custodial parent is requiring the child's employer to follow the court order visitation. Does the employer have to follow this... Read more »

Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
answered on Nov 24, 2022

No private party may require a non-party to do anything. If you believe the father is requiring a non-party to obey your Decree of Divorce, then please disabuse yourself of this belief. This also has nothing to do with how far your child lives from the father. The ONLY considerations you should... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith and Insurance Defense for Idaho on
Q: Is it my right to have an actual insuranceadjuster come to the body shop and give an estimate or do I have to submit pic
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Nov 26, 2022

A Utah attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. Until you're able to consult with a local attorney for state-specific law, the short answer in most places is that it's up to the carrier. For minor or moderate damages, they could go by estimates of a body... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Divorce and Family Law for Idaho on
Q: Can I lose custody if my child is in daycare to much even if the judge mandated it?

Judge mandates only blood relatives or licensed child care providers. (I have no family in Idaho so I use daycare)

I than lose custody % 2 years later because my kids are in daycare to much while I'm at work 5 days a week. Single mom.

Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
answered on Nov 25, 2022

As a litigator, what I constantly have to remind myself is that judges don't care how good my argument is to give my client custody, or how persuasive I am about the good things my client is doing etc., if it's not in the child's best interests. This is thE ONLY factor that the... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Idaho on
Q: Is it my right to have an adjuster on site for auto claims or can they make me submit photos instead.

I dropped my car off at the body shop and it’s waiting for an estimate from the insurance but the insurance is refusing to send an adjuster on site. They are only requesting photos of the damages.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Real Estate Law for Idaho on
Q: We are in contract to sell our house, based on our contingency can we walk away with no fees?

We have a contingency that says, "The sale is contingent upon the seller entering into a contract to purchase a replacement property within 15 calendar days." This was on 10/31/22. Our agent is now saying we must terminate and pay 3% to seller and 3% to buyer. However, isn't this why... Read more »

Robert King Reges Jr.
Robert King Reges Jr.
answered on Nov 14, 2022

Your agent appears to be relying on a listing agreement that calls for her to be paid her commission even if the buyer she found is precluded from closing due to the contingency in the purchase contract. So there are two different contracts at issue. One is the "listing agreement" with... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Constitutional Law for Idaho on
Q: Is it legal in Idaho to do adult webcam modeling?

Suppose adult is older than 18, is age verified, and webcam modeling which involves sex acts like masturbation. Would a person be at risk legally doing this in Idaho?

0 Answers | Asked in Elder Law for Idaho on
Q: My 93 year old father in-law has a live in girlfriend and we don't trust her as far as my wife can throw her !

He gave her Power of Attorney and made her the Executor of his will. We believe he's being coerced for her own benefit Can we get the courts involved and force her into Guardianship & Conservatorship so we can get some kind of transparency and accountability.

0 Answers | Asked in Libel & Slander for Idaho on
Q: Can copsake you un hook from towing your own car after time is up on tag for being on street unlicensed and take vehicl

Was out front of home on street without plates.we were in tow they made us unhook and took by force.

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Idaho on
Q: My sister is getting a divorce, can her soon to be ex, make her pay a fee whenever he has to clean up after her?

My sister is a full-time mom, she homeschools their son, does house cleaning for others, and is expected by her husband to have the house cleaned and food on the table by the time he gets him. Right now through, my sister is trying to divorce him because he is emotionally and psychologically... Read more »

Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
answered on Nov 25, 2022

The husband is guilty of manipulation and severe, emotional abuse of your sister and (probably) their son. Idaho, like most other states can give your sister a divorce for FAULT reasons, not just "irreconcilable differences" which is "no fault." IN a divorce, if your sister,... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.