Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Foreclosure legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Mississippi Foreclosure Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for Mississippi on
Q: I am self-financing a property. The resident is now 4 months behind on his payments. What can I do?

I have texted reminders to him each m.onth. Property is in Lena, MS

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 11, 2024

If you have a Deed of Trust, then you must Foreclose. If you have a Contract(Lease With Option To Purchase), then you must sue for possession. Hire a MS attorney to handle this.

2 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy, Foreclosure and Banking for Mississippi on
Q: If a car is returned to the bank, can they take social security money in a checking account?

The vehicle has more owed than value, the bank account only receives money from social security which is only source of income.

W. J. Winterstein Jr.
W. J. Winterstein Jr.
answered on Jan 3, 2024

Social security benefits are generally exempt under most if not all state laws, so general creditors cannot use the court systems to capture your benefits.

Most banks are federally chartered, or are insured by the FDIC, and because of that, tend to comply with federal law and requirements....
View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Foreclosure, Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for Mississippi on
Q: if we are paying a mortgage are we suppose to be listed in public records as the owner?

i was looking at my appraisal documents and it has some other people as owners in public record.

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Nov 16, 2022

Just because you are paying the Note does not make you a titled owner of land. Hire an attorney to search the Title and determine ownership.

1 Answer | Asked in Land Use & Zoning, Real Estate Law, Tax Law and Foreclosure for Mississippi on
Q: I have a tax lien on several properties in Mississippi that i purchased from an auction; how can i own these parcels?

A couple of the properties are 3 years behind on taxes. What steps can I take to own them? If one of the houses are abandoned, can I file some paperwork and do some work to become the owner? I am the only lien holder on a couple and there's a couple lien holders on the others.

Baskin Lowber Jones
Baskin Lowber Jones
answered on Dec 21, 2017

Alcorn county has put up valuable information on Tax Sales and redemption of property in Mississippi.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.