Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Mississippi Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Divorce for Mississippi on
Q: My husband and I have been separate for almost 2 years, but he is refusing divorce. What can I do?

Almost 2 years ago, my husband kicked me and my child (not his biologically) out of our house. We haven’t had any contact other than emails and text messages since. Recently, my husband decided he does not want to move forward with the divorce and refuses to sign any papers. I have made it clear... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Mississippi on
Q: CPS case was opened on the kid's dad not me and they're not letting me around my children

No legal documents have been provided to me at all from CPS I have asked multiple times to provide this documents they won't

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Identity Theft for Mississippi on
Q: I've got hackers in my account just messing up my name and my identity

They taking over all my phone plotting stuff up on me

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law, Personal Injury and Libel & Slander for Mississippi on
Q: I was used as a scapegoat to be fired from my job....falsely accused and lied on.

A guy cashed in over $1600 in coins. The machine did not print a receipt, so I could not see if the fee had been taken from the total that was flashing on the screen. I called the office manger to ask how to handle it, and she handed it off to the store manager. At the conclusion of the call, he... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Adoption and Child Custody for Mississippi on
Q: Myself and my husbands only son was adopted by my father and mother in law. One year later they sent him back home.

He has been home with us for over 4 years with no help from adopted parents. Can we receive child support for child since he is in our home and they did legally adopt him?

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for Mississippi on
Q: There was an incident at work last night where I was threatened by another employee. I went to HR and they made me leave

They made me leave without pay and are not allowing me to return until it has been investigated. I will also not be paid for my time off. Is this legal?

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law and Criminal Law for Mississippi on
Q: Can you work for a law enforcement agency as a jailer full time and part time deputy part time.

And uncertified fire investigator all on the same clock time.

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Mississippi on
Q: My ex husband is in prison for 97-3-53 kidnapping a minor does he have to register as a sex offender if his

Sentencing order does not say he haves to

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support and Family Law for Mississippi on
Q: if child in MS don't further their education after high school and get a full time job do child support stop? if not why
Melissa L Gardner-Ardoin
Melissa L Gardner-Ardoin
answered on May 13, 2024

If the child reaches 18 years old and either does not finish high school or does not go beyond high and does not get a job, then the Court can declare the child emancipated for the purposes of child support, which would then stop the child support payments.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Mississippi on
Q: I had light bar on jeep wrangler and was no vehicle around me but it was parked police car on side of road but didnt idk
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on May 24, 2024

If you had a light bar on your Jeep Wrangler and passed a parked police car on the side of the road, it’s important to know the laws regarding light bars in your area. Many states have specific regulations about when and where light bars can be used, often restricting their use to off-road... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law for Mississippi on
Q: I'm selling a vehicle to my 23yo son, who lives at home. If he moves out, can I cancel the insurance on the vehicle, if

it isn't paid in full yet, and still in my/my wife's name? Am I still responsible even if he's not living at home?

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on May 18, 2024

Addendum - again, it is important not to change the policy/cancel the policy without notifying your son. It could be more than simply a vehicle administrative matter - in many jurisdictions, driving without insurance is a misdemeanor. Good luck

View More Answers

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Mississippi on
Q: I lived with someone for 10 years. He cones me out of a lot of money , 14000. And he told another person that

He took all my valuables, i supported him for the most of it. He left and still took stuff. What can I do

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Mississippi on
Q: if a person is convicted of 2 nd degree murder , cannhis case be overturn?

My boyfriend drove a car back in 2018, while two other men shot and killed another person, however he is sentenced to 25.

0 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for Mississippi on
Q: what type of lawyere do you need to get a vulberable adult removed from the home of a sex offender

ALso he takes her Social Secutiry check from her

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Mississippi on
Q: My grandmother 8 years ago, and my nephew was legally adopted by her and has given me her granddaughter to stay in her

Home so it will not fall down. Her grandson in Oklahoma who has no ties to the home is sending threatening letters for me to move.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Mississippi on
Q: It’s been over one year since I was indicted on my charge for cocaine and meth. Can they still invite me? If so, why?
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
answered on May 5, 2024

Likely they can, because they have already indicted you or charged you, with tolls the statute of limitations in criminal cases. Your best bet is going to be to get with an experienced criminal defense attorney so that they can go over the facts of your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.