Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Nevada Military Law Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Military Law, Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Gov & Administrative Law and Municipal Law for Nevada on
Q: is it legal to carry a real katana on your waist in nevada ?

and is it illegal to draw your katana while not in self defense situations?

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Sep 11, 2023

In Nevada, it is generally legal to openly carry bladed weapons, including katanas, but using it in a manner perceived as threatening or dangerous could potentially lead to criminal charges such as assault or brandishing a weapon. Regarding drawing your katana in non-self-defense situations, doing... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce and Military Law for Nevada on
Q: who would be recomended for military benefits of a divorced wife Retirment pension in las vegas area
Janice Jacovino
Janice Jacovino
answered on Feb 23, 2023

You can use this site, Avvo, or the State Bar of Nevada Lawyer Referral Service to look for a Nevada Divorce attorney who has experience with Military Divorce and Military pension.

If no one specifically mentions military, then call a divorce attorney and ask. In addition, many attorneys...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and Military Law for Nevada on
Q: Can someone get their parents their papers even if they have been discharged from the military.

The papers have already been sent to D.C. for processing so they can get their citizenship. This started because of the enlistment into the military and the constant talk with a lawyer. But if the person is discharged, can they still get their parents their papers?

Alexander Ivakhnenko
Alexander Ivakhnenko
answered on Sep 13, 2021

Possibly, based on one's military discharge status and other factors. You indicated the parents do have a licensed immigration counsel which should be the best legal route as that professional should be intimately familiar with the case fine, correspondence, case filing and evidentiary case support.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Military Law for Nevada on
Q: will a not showing up to drill because of a medical reason give you a dishonorable discharge?

I am in the National Guard. I have not been able to go to drill because of some medical reasons. I have given my doctor notes to my Sergeant but he tells me that the Sergeant Major does not care about that. Will they give me a dishonorable discharge? I am also studying to become a teacher. Will... View More

Patrick Korody
Patrick Korody
answered on Feb 6, 2017

You need to show up to drill, even with medical reasons. If you are not fit to perform your drills, the military medical folks will place you in a not physically qualified status. Not showing up will get you involuntarily separated with a less than Honorable discharge.

1 Answer | Asked in Military Law for Nevada on
Q: Finally getting my military records I find documents that have been forged in my name dated before and upon my discharge

Does that means my records have been violated?

Philip D. Cave
Philip D. Cave pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Apr 2, 2015

If you can prove it with solid evidence, you may be able to get the Board for Correction of Military Records to put them straight. This is important if the current records affect your employment or benefits.

1 Answer | Asked in Military Law for Nevada on
Q: What exactly does dishonorably discharged mean ?
Bradley M. Glaze
Bradley M. Glaze
answered on Apr 25, 2011

Like many terms that you may find in dealing with the law, "dishonorable discharge" has a very specific meaning for attorneys who practice military law, and another meaning that is applied by the general public. The legal or technical definition of dishonorable discharge... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.