Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
New Hampshire Health Care Law Questions & Answers
Q: Hippa violation. Personal info breached. Anyone deal with hippa as a personal injury? Extreme Anxiety due to this

Medical information, and bill sent to wrong insurance company. Hospital sent a letter stating my info may have been breached.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jul 21, 2023

A New Hampshire attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. It's difficult for attorneys here to reach out to you to offer their services - the format isn't set up like an attorney referral service. If you're looking for an attorney, in addition to your... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law, Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice for New Hampshire on
Q: Can the mental hospital that released a patient days before he murdered my grandmother, be held liable?

In 1964 my great grandmother was shot and killed by a man who was having a psychotic episode that included hallucinations. He had been released from a mental hospital just a few days before. This happened in New Hampshire. Can the hospital be held liable for prematurely releasing him?

Michael Jonathan Sabbeth
Michael Jonathan Sabbeth
answered on Jan 21, 2023

Unfortunately, the short answer is no. That is because of the statute of limitations. In other words, it's too late to bring a case as this happened almost 60 years ago.

If you were within the statute of limitations, this would have been a case worth investigating. If the hospital...
View More

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for New Hampshire on
Q: I was having a spinal Cord Stimulater implantation I was put under anesthesia and woke up half way thru tothe doctor cut

I was having a spinal Cord Stimulater implantation I was put under anesthesia but the kind you are in and out of and I told them my concerns about having that type because I’ve had allergic reactions twice before. But they told me I should be fine. I woke up mid surgery and I remember and felt... View More

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Sep 3, 2019

I don't see a question here, but at this point first, being post op, you need medical treatment so without sounding like you are interested in suing anyone you can ask questions but in a very neutral way. Second, if you have PTS, look for an EMDR therapist. Google:

Psychology Today...
View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for New Hampshire on
Q: My husband is in need of surgery for a golf ball size tumor is being sent to Boston. We just found out about this tumor

4 days ago. Apparently, 6 months ago when he went to ER for same symtoms the CT scan showed the rumor then only it was 1 cm smaller. We where never informed about the tumor then. Had we been told then it may have had a different outcome as far as dynamics of surgery or treatments. Is this something... View More

Israel Piedra
Israel Piedra
answered on Aug 2, 2017

Yes. You should certainly talk to an attorney. This is a possible case of medical malpractice, though of course a lot more investigation is necessary.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for New Hampshire on
Q: The doctors gave me narcan and thought I overdosed when i have never done any opiates....can i sue?

I had smacked my head and was unconscious and had a concussion and bleeding in my brain. I didn't overdose like they assumed.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Feb 22, 2017

If something bad happened by their not doing wha they should have possibly. Consult a member of the NH Assn for Justice--they give free consults.

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law for New Hampshire on
Q: MS orthodontist overcharged us by $700, but will not refund the amount. What options do I have?

The office overcharged us and it was only caught after they started billing my insurance for visits we didn't have. They admit to the overcharge, but 2 years later they only will say, "We are working on it." I no longer live in the state.

Israel Piedra
Israel Piedra
answered on Jan 28, 2016

You could certainly retain a lawyer to investigate your options, but for such a (relatively) small amount, you would quickly spend more in legal fees. You may want to look at small claims court action. You can file and manage those online. May be enough to at least settle for some of the money.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.