Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Communications Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Communications Law and Government Contracts for Michigan on
Q: Is my guardian responsible for me as adult guardianship for court in Michigan

I contacted the city that my case is through and I got my attorney's phone number the attorney that I spoke with said that I missed the court date and there is a bench warrant out for me for my arrest for missing Court my guardian was not present for the court date she also missed the court... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Communications Law for Wisconsin on
Q: How can I appoint a non lawyer to represent my in court?

The non lawyer found case law that would prove the charge against me was unlawful but the public defenders refuses to follow it. I am not able to conduct myself in such a way as to represent my own case but he is, what other options do I have?

0 Answers | Asked in Copyright, Civil Rights and Communications Law on
Q: What can you say to the temptation of society?

Please state your opinion

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights, Communications Law, Constitutional Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Oregon on
Q: Can I record a phone call in Oregon with only my consent?

If both parties are in Oregon do I really not have to inform the other party that they are being recorded on a phone call? Do I have to inform anyone? Such as city hall, neighbor, police station, random stranger, airport clerk, friend/family member, military base?

0 Answers | Asked in Communications Law and Domestic Violence for Georgia on
Q: How do I press charges on an ex for phone harassment from out of state? I’m in IN he’s in GA (Not much evidence)

He has been sending unwanted harassing texts and sporadically calling from his number, unknown numbers, as well a private numbers for years and I want it to stop. He tries to stalk social media. I have attempted to block contact but then he just calls/texts from a new number or calls private. Or he... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights, Communications Law and Health Care Law for Washington on
Q: Is it possible to remove a test result or lab results from my health record? Or appeal inaccurate test results?

I recently submitted a urine test at my last doctor's appointment which I had to attend in order for refills on meds....

In which I was given absolutely no word on my urine test being submitted for drug testing beforehand. The following month after requesting refills on meds again I... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Business Law and Communications Law for Florida on
Q: Can I sue a company that keeps soliciting for "industry" "consulting" after I've told them I'm covered by employer NDAs?

I've received a dozen-plus requests on LinkedIn and by email for paid "consulting" opportunities about trends in my industry and how my former employers are responding to those trends. I've *repeatedly* told them I am covered by NDAs and non-competes and to stop contacting me.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Communications Law for Kentucky on
Q: My kid father is very violent and I've been recording him and I tell him I'm recording him. He has been threatening me

and destroyed property. He is trying to take my full custody away because he's from a small town and has had sexual intimacy with the local judge. I live in Kentucky. He says I'm doing it illegally?

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Sep 15, 2022

Nothing illegal about it. Only one party need give consent to recording in Kentucky. If the judge you referenced is sitting on your case, ask for a new judge.

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights, Communications Law, Education Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Rhode Island on
Q: Is my school allowed to view my personal computer's screen without me knowing?

My school uses a Chrome-Extension called GoGuardian which they use to monitor a school computers screen and browsing data. However after logging into my school account on my personal device, I realized GoGuardian was connected and may be monitoring my screen. After looking it up I found out that if... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Communications Law and Constitutional Law for Texas on
Q: I have a cult who call themselves illuminati,who found my frequencies about 17 years ago. They ve chased me across Texas

They stalk me , threatening my life and my families. They live all around the block from me. I'm 60 and I'm not keeping my mouth shut for them anymore. They murdered 3 people in cass county and Bowie county Texas. They are in my phone's, etc. If you've heard of the frey effect,... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts, Communications Law and Education Law on
Q: Can i sue essay writing site?

I ordered 3 essay all 3 was very bad and i failed because of these 3 essays I lost 1 year plus £18,000 - what i will have to pay to repeat my year at university

This company staff, who contacted me when I ordered the essay, promised me that the essays would be very good and there was no... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Communications Law, Federal Crimes and Internet Law for Georgia on
Q: About internet crime


I joint a forum, and posted something to reply someone's post. However, the admin of this forum did not like what I said. Instead of deleting my post, the admin changed my words to something entirely different. Is it a crime to do so? If it is a crime, then where/how do I report... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Rights and Communications Law for Tennessee on
Q: how to file against commissioner for judicial review

Need assistance asap. In october 2021 my fiance passed away due to covid. He was also my supervisor at my place of employment. As a result I had health and mental conditions due to the situation and went on intermediate leave of absense where my rights were greatly violated by the employer. I was... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Communications Law and Libel & Slander for Florida on
Q: Can a husband legally direct me not to talk to his wife? I have in no way threatened her, sworn at her, or humiliated.

I confronted this woman's friend about her issue with my child. She has been talking about my son for quite some time now, and it needed to be addressed. I walked up the driveway of her best friend, when I saw her there. I walked up to her, and told her "I am disappointed in you". I... Read more »

Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
answered on Sep 5, 2022

If the lady voluntarily, without duress, desires to communicate with you and does so, no, the husband cannot prevent that communication by any legal means. (Does he think we live in Afghanistan?) However, you'll want to avoid a situation where the wife "flips" on you and claims you... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Communications Law for Utah on
Q: Is it illegal to voice record me and my husband's conversations and sexual acts and send them to his mistress?

She is trying to get me charged for recording and sending the sexual voice recordings

0 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law, Civil Rights, Communications Law and Energy, Oil and Gas for Oklahoma on
Q: Is my water company allowed to gossip my bill and nowarning shutoffs impossible to restart. Do I have rights?laws?oklah

My kids need If water lady doesn't like you then she has authority to shut u off without warning as she please then false charges to make it unreasonable to get services back on please help . The whole small town is now gossiping how I don't pay my bills which in fact I do and... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Communications Law, Intellectual Property and International Law on
Q: Hey. Is intercepting walkie talkie transitions and chatting on others channels legal.

Like if I start chatting with people in the UK or just at random? This is a totally random question and I don't have a walkie talkie

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.