Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Gov & Administrative Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law for Alabama on
Q: Was any of these actions legal

The city building inspector condemned our house because of clutter and junk in our yard and told us we just needed to clean it up which we did but then he told us a list of repairs we needed to do on the house but refused to issue permits for the repairs. He made plans to demolish the house.Our... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation and Gov & Administrative Law for Texas on
Q: "Have you EVER given any U.S. Government officials any information or documentation that was false...

I am applying N-400 for the second time. My first application was in 2018, I was denied because the US embassy said the document was false. I waited 5 years after that and I am applying again. my question is: how do I answer the question that says, "Have you EVER given any U.S. Government... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Public Benefits for Tennessee on
Q: Can a city not allow metal detecting in parks if the do not have any ordinance or rules stating its not allowed?

I live in Tennessee, where metal detecting is not allowed on state or federally owned land. However, I believe that city parks are not included in this restriction, but permission is required. I have been unable to find any specific rules about metal detecting in city parks, and every person I have... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Florida on
Q: Hello,I was born in Yauco,PR. I want to change my full name on my birth certificate. I live in Florida. What do I do?

Do I have to go to PR to do that?

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
answered on Jun 7, 2023

You petition the Florida court for a name change. When the petition is granted, you would probably send a certified copy of the decree to the Puerto Rican governmental department in charge of birth records and ask for an amended birth certificate. That is the way it is done in most or all states,... Read more »

Q: i had resigned due to fml retaliation, harrass,, ignored by hr. Dol said not fml, eeoc never asked for my

I had 24 years of service working for an institution but worked only <4 years in the last dept. The supervisor wrote me up 7 days after I returned from fml, harassed me, made derogatory comments, changed procedures, questioned why I did tasks for the dept head, the highest authority, wrote me... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Medical Malpractice, Gov & Administrative Law and Health Care Law for Michigan on
Q: I have a legal question for our fire department. We are medical first responders (MFR) agency.

Most of our department members - or any that respond to calls are MFR licensed and above (EMT). We were advised by our local ambulance authority that it would be illegal for us to operate a lifepak 12 or 15 or other patient monitoring device in the county. We got a hold of Stryker - and their... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Public Benefits for Florida on
Q: Can you be denied access to a public building for refusing to show ID?
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
answered on Jun 6, 2023

In general, certainly.

Q: I need to know what this statement means

Except as otherwise provided in this section, the following are permanent barriers, including the attempt,

solicitation, or conspiracy to commit any of the following crimes or to violate a law or ordinance of this state or of

another jurisdiction if that law or ordinance has... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Employment Law and Gov & Administrative Law for California on
Q: State of California employees were paid on may 31, 2023. I have not received my pay warrant. How do I file a 2410 claim?
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jun 6, 2023

To file a claim under California Government Code Section 2410 regarding unpaid wages as a state employee, follow these steps:

Obtain and complete the claim form.

Gather supporting documentation.

Submit the claim form and documentation to the California State...
Read more »

View More Answers

0 Answers | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law for Georgia on
Q: Is it legal to kill a chicken and leave on porch we’re there are maggots falling through your porch onto your neighbors

I’m not sure if it’s some type of voodoo going on upstairs and it’s affecting me mentally, I feel sick and the stench is terrible.

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law for Alabama on
Q: What is the maximum sentence for someone who escapes from furlough in the state of Tennessee?

My husband escaped from furlough in Tennessee. I'm trying to find out how long his since could be if he's convicted

Don Oliver Keene
Don Oliver Keene
answered on Jun 5, 2023

If he was convicted in Tennessee, you should reach out to a Tennessee Attorney. It depends on what he was convicted for, how much time was left on his sentence, etc. There are a lot of variables and there is no way of knowing without all the facts of his case.

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law, Education Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Government Contracts for Georgia on
Q: Can a public school principal in GA legally use hidden cameras to record staff speaking to each other privately?

A public school principal in the state of Georgia used a hidden camera to record teachers and staff speaking to each other (not to the principal). These staff members, speaking privately, said things which were critical of the principal's performance and decision making as a first year... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Identity Theft and Social Security for Massachusetts on
Q: How long can a company store your social security number for?

My fathers social security number was leaked in a computer breach. The social security number was given to them in 1980. Also I should have probably mentioned the “company” is actually his community college. So I imagine state laws are at play here.

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Gov & Administrative Law, Juvenile Law and Probate for Rhode Island on
Q: How do I become a mandated reporter in Rhode Island?

I want to become a mandated reporter in Rhode Island as a career but unsure where to start.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Federal Crimes and Gov & Administrative Law for New York on
Q: Daycare.Got a violation.Days later an AD for lawyer in 5000.lose. I believe inspector placed ad for lawyer.?

She was labeled a child abuser and lost her daycare license. First Offense. Kid walked toward road. Passerby saw. total time 1-2 mins.Kid walked around the corner of house and like 60 feet. No injuries, perfectly unharmed.Built fence immediately after. can never happen again. Spent all savings.... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jun 3, 2023

Further investigation might be necessary to meaningfully address the issues you suspect. But as a general matter, attorneys sometimes learn about matters in a community through seeing public notices, public court or agency records that include judgements, violations, etc. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.