Idaho Federal Crimes Questions & Answers

Q: In Idaho can a defendant withdraw a guilty plea after signing court documents but has yet to be formally sentenced?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Constitutional Law and Federal Crimes for Idaho on
Answered on Dec 23, 2018
Kevin M Rogers' answer

A lawyer shall act with reasonable diligence and promptness in

representing a client.


[1] A lawyer should pursue a matter on behalf of a client despite opposition, obstruction or personal inconvenience to the lawyer, and take whatever lawful and ethical measures are required to vindicate a client's cause or endeavor. A lawyer must also act with commitment and dedication to the interests of the client and with zeal in advocacy upon...

Q: i have been charged with delivery of a controlled substance but but there is no physical evidence.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Idaho on
Answered on Jul 12, 2018
Gary Kollin's answer
Obviously the prosecutor disagrees.

Time toaster up

Q: My son has 2 criminal complaints filed against him but neither the court or sheriff dept will disclose any info. Why?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Idaho on
Answered on May 15, 2018
Kevin M Rogers' answer
In Idaho and a growing number of jurisdictions, the courts have changed systems to the new, so called "icourt" system. If actual charges have been filed then there will be generated a case number. Once the case number has been assigned you should be able to look up your son's case number(s) and see:

1. The nature of the charges

2. The assigned magistrate

3. Any court dates scheduled

This should be available JUST as quickly as a case number is assigned....

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.