Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Communications Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Indiana Communications Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Communications Law, Constitutional Law and Elder Law for Indiana on
Q: I was not notified of a court hearing in KY, what can I do?

My wife's son, from a previous marriage, has filed for guardian and conservator over my wife and apparently was already awarded emergency guardianship. He emailed my son and I unofficial and incomplete documents wanting us to sign my right to be notified away and we refused because my wife... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Apr 17, 2024

In Kentucky, the law requires that certain interested parties be notified of guardianship and conservatorship proceedings. According to Kentucky Revised Statutes (KRS) 387.580, the person for whom a guardian or conservator is sought (your wife, in this case) must be notified, unless the court finds... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Communications Law and Environmental for Indiana on
Q: How do I stop voice 2 skull
Charles Candiano
Charles Candiano
answered on May 24, 2022

This is NOT a legal question but a technical one. You need to identify the mechanism of transmission before any legal remedy is possible.

1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law and Internet Law for Indiana on
Q: Can Community Corrections keep me on Corrections because I still owe a balance

Plead guilty in 2019 was sentenced to 15 actual months with an out date of April 12th 2020. Can Community Corrections keep me on Corrections because I still owe a balance past the date of April 12th

Paul Stanko
Paul Stanko
answered on Apr 19, 2020

You can't be kept in custody past the end of your sentence. The court can enter a judgment against you, or perhaps hold you in contempt.

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright, Communications Law and Trademark for Indiana on
Q: I took a picture of our Sony camera to use on our website. Do I need permission to use this?

It is an original photo that I took to use as a header on our church website and the name, "Sony" is in view on the side of the camera

Karima Gulick
Karima Gulick
answered on Aug 20, 2019

You don't need permission to use your own photo. However, depending on what your website is about, it would be best to avoid displaying someone else's trademark.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Child Custody and Communications Law for Indiana on
Q: My ex monitors ALL convos between child/me & used transcribed recording as evidence, lying about origin. What can I do?

The recording was from a landline, when the child was home alone. Child & I talk across state lines. Ex also monitors all online activity & shows up places where I’m to drop off child for extracurricular activities.

Bradley Banks
Bradley Banks
answered on May 13, 2019

In Indiana only one side of a call must consent to it being recorded.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.