Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Legal Malpractice legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
North Dakota Legal Malpractice Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Criminal Law and Legal Malpractice for North Dakota on
Q: If I go in to get my drug patch changed at the 24/7 program while I have an active warrant will I get arrested.

I have to report to the 24/7 program in Minot north Dakota and the day before I'm required to go in to change out my current patch, there was a warrant issued for my arrest. Can they arrest me at the 24/7 program even though my warrant is unrelated?

Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
answered on Dec 5, 2023

Likely, but they’re going to come arrest you anyway and you’d be better off voluntarily turning yourself in; if you wait the judge will likely notice you didn’t go voluntarily when considering whether to let you out again.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Legal Malpractice, Small Claims and Bankruptcy for North Dakota on
Q: I received a letter in the mail today that threatened legal action for a debt.

I received a letter in the mail today that threatened legal action for a debt from over 5 years ago. The debt is from when I lived in Maryland. I have not lived there for the last 5 years. I've been living in North Dakota. The debt is for $9,000 and is the result of having been evicted when I... View More

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Feb 19, 2019

If the MD stature is 3 years, then the statute has expired and they cannot sue you.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Appeals / Appellate Law and Legal Malpractice for North Dakota on
Q: This case is about me I want to reopen my criminal case and get a new trial based off misrepresentation is that possible

They had several violations of the rules of professional conduct and got disbared because of it if it's possible how do I go about filing papers myself and what forms will I need

Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
answered on Jan 16, 2019

Many people attempt to do this and fail. More would need to be known about your particular case. You do not want to file a frivolous motion with any court as doing so will just cost you a lot of time and headache. With that being said, if an attorney violated the rules and that resulted in a... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.