Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Securities Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Louisiana Securities Law Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Securities Law for Louisiana on
Q: Can they convict me of burglary if I never went in the building?

In st. Tammany Parish Louisiana I have trial in one month. I was in fact on surveillance videos sitting in the uhaul but I never went in the storage building or in a unit. I never cut locks or damaged any properties. I didn't want to be involved. Can they actually convict me with the crime if... View More

Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
answered on Feb 16, 2022

If you have trial in 1 month you should have an attorney representing you----please discuss with your attorney. If not, then you need to hire a criminal defense attorney immediately because you do not want to go to a felony trial representing yourself. Lastly and perhaps most importantly, stop... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Securities Law for Louisiana on
Q: If I can follow someone who stole/scammed me out of my BTC currency is there a way of getting back?

I was scammed by someone who claimed to be working as a broker for Bitmap cryptocurrency. I found out once they told me whoops I gave you too much money can you please send me back this much through cash app. I was like oh man this is a freaking scam thing it so I am out at $2000 so far with them

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
answered on Feb 5, 2022

You can report the crime to the FBI

1 Answer | Asked in Securities Law and Social Security for Louisiana on
Q: I think I have an investigation with the social security disability administration against me and I am on parole I am to

See how I can go about resolving this where I dont go to jail

Elizabeth Fowler Lunn
Elizabeth Fowler Lunn pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Apr 10, 2021

If you believe you are under investigation for fraud by the Social Security Administration then you need to consult with a criminal law attorney who is experienced with federal fraud cases. They will be able to help you determine if you are actually under investigation and can advise you about... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Securities Law for Louisiana on
Q: How much time could you face in Louisiana for False Imprisonment?
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on Aug 15, 2019

This is not a securities law question. This is a Criminal Law question. Try again.

1 Answer | Asked in Internet Law, Juvenile Law and Securities Law for Louisiana on
Q: A girl has been harassing me for Months. It’s Feb.28,2019. Can I wait until she turns 18 in April to press charges?

She’s been harassing me through several things. Text, social media’s, and after I blocked her from everything she ask people to rely a message to me. She constantly circles where I’m at in town and I can’t make her leave me alone. I wanna press charges, but there’s no point If they... View More

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
answered on Feb 28, 2019

She can be charged with a crime as a juvenile.

1 Answer | Asked in Securities Law for Louisiana on
Q: Found 2 original stock certificates in grandfather’s bank box . Co. is not publically traded. Son now runs the business.

Does the present co. run by son have an obligation to honor stock certificates from 1963? This is a garment mfg. concern in CA that must have done business with my family’s garment mfg. concern in Louisiana and paid in stock shares. The son purchased or inherited the garment concern from father-... View More

D. Alex Onstott
D. Alex Onstott
answered on Sep 13, 2018

Securities law is very complex and fact specific. The easiest way to figure out the current status of the shares is to simply contact the company and ask. Without seeing the stock papers, knowing the company's position on the stock, and reviewing the current and historical operating... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Juvenile Law and Securities Law for Louisiana on
Q: I am a 17 year old girl & I have a 15 year old girlfriend we are not having sex can i still be prosecuted?

Her birthday is in January she will be 16 . her parents approved of it and set guidelines like we had to be with a group and never alone. but now shes mad she threatens to have me thrown in jail.

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
answered on Oct 25, 2015

I doubt it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.