Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Nebraska Federal Crimes Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes for Nebraska on
Q: My daughter is still in federal holding going 3 years and still haven’t been sentenced

There a lot of potential reasons. You would need to speak with her criminal defense attorney to find out why. You can also review the court file for answers as to what has been happening the last 3 years.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, Identity Theft and Military Law for Nebraska on
Q: This is my father and he does this to me. Please help me.

I have recordings

Your question doesn't give any details as to you or your situation. If you believe a crime has been committed, you may need to file a police report.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Nebraska on
Q: I own guns and my husband just became a felon in Nebraska.

Do I have to get rid of them or can they be locked up in a safe and he cannot utilize them. I can’t seem to get a clear answer.

I have seen charges for possession by a prohibited person filed against a person when the house they were staying in had locked-up guns in a floor of the home that the homeowner did not allow them access to, although technically they could have gone into that area of the home. They didn't... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes for Nebraska on
Q: If you get a lawyer and there is a retainer for 30k, how do you know how many hours they actually work ?

Also if there is money left over, can you get it back?

You should review the fee agreement with the attorney before signing the fee agreement and making the retainer payment. The fee agreement will have details as to how the attorney calculates/reports their hours and if any unused retainer will be returned to you. There are number of different fee... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Identity Theft for Nebraska on
Q: can you sue a company for malpractice, when it's linked to synthetic idenity theft, mail fraud linked to synthetic

victum of crimes, idenity theft, synthteic idenity theft, full reports of synthetic idenity theft, mix match combinations of several diff ccredit reports to make up fake identies, extreme misuse and abuse of my ssn, linked to another ssn, causing all this hvac, in 2018 i was a mother in need, this... View More

I'm not sure I follow your question but the Federal Trade Commission has some suggested steps to take if you believe you are the victim of identity theft. This might be a good resource for you to start with.

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes and Gaming for Nebraska on
Q: if a child shoots people using what he sees on video games.Does the manufacturers owe duty of care to the plaintiff
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Oct 21, 2019

It would be a difficult argument to make in terms of duty of care in the context of tort law. In terms of a social duty, you raise a good point. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Nebraska on
Q: Can a minor date an adult without any sexual relationship and still be legal?

My 16 year old daughter is talking to a 25 year old they are very close and he is a respectful man. They have never done anything sexual before they haven’t even went out on a date, they just FaceTime. Is this illegal?

Brendan Michael Kelly
Brendan Michael Kelly
answered on May 30, 2019

It is not illegal for a minor to communicate with an adult. Yet, it is never an idea you want to allow! Only face time? How do you know? The adult is much too old and any thing other than normal conversation is likely to get him in grave trouble. Don't allow this type of communication Ever.

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes for Nebraska on
Q: My sister was indicted and her paperwork read that she sold 167 ozs of meth to a man she has never met! Her charge is

20 - life. Should she take it to trial? She's willing to take a polygraph test, check phone records, etc.. What should she do?

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
answered on Oct 18, 2018

Seriously, how can any internet attorney opine with those flimsy facts?

She has an attorney. She should listen to her attorney's advice.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Nebraska on
Q: what if a cop "coincidentally" knows a witness on their criminal case?

this witness was a bystander

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
answered on Aug 24, 2018

Serendipity and nothing more

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes for Nebraska on
Q: Does there need to be a Possession, or controlled buy in order to be indicted?

My friend is indicted because a few people who were already indicted, said he sold them drugs. All are false. Doesn't there need to be more evidence?

Shaun Khojayan
Shaun Khojayan
answered on Oct 27, 2017

There does not need to a actual possession or a controlled buy in order to be indicted for example a conspiracy to distribute a controlled substance or the aiding and abetting the distribution of a controlled substance. All the elements of each crime still have to be proven beyond a reasonable... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.