Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
New Mexico Small Claims Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability, Civil Litigation and Small Claims for New Mexico on
Q: Took car to mechanic he let someone else take car to get diagnoses check and ended up worse!?

Car only had misfire, got vehicle back smoking from engine!

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Mar 18, 2019

It's not fully clear what took place here, in terms of what you agreed to, whether you were provided with an estimate, what amount you were charged, what the original problem with the car was, what the condition of the car is, what the mechanic did, among other issues. You could contact an... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Small Claims for New Mexico on
Q: I was buying a vehicle from a private party and they wrongfully repossessed am I still responsible for payments?

I was not late making payments.

David Humphreys
David Humphreys
answered on May 20, 2018

No. You really should find a lawyer to sue the seller.

1 Answer | Asked in Small Claims, Collections and Contracts for New Mexico on
Q: Can I get away from this debt?

My parents offered to pay my living expenses, they re-niged on their offer and left me with 17k of debt.

Arun Arjan Melwani
Arun Arjan Melwani
answered on Jan 30, 2018

Possibly. I suggest consulting with a bankruptcy attorney to see if you may be eligible to file a chapter 7 bankruptcy which would eliminate any unsecured debt. Most bankruptcy attorneys do not charge for the initial consultation.

2 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy, Foreclosure and Small Claims for New Mexico on
Q: I lost my job but my spouse still works, we are now with o money, and going into foreclosure, can I file for bankruptcy

We are being service by lawyers for credit card debt, and other items we owe,

Cristina M. Lipan
Cristina M. Lipan
answered on Dec 28, 2017

A bankruptcy filing will pause the foreclosure, but will not solve the problem. I would not advise attempting the bankruptcy on your own, you will need a bankruptcy attorney for this.

Information provided for informational purposes only and should not be taken as legal advice.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.