Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Environmental legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
North Carolina Environmental Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Products Liability, Civil Litigation and Environmental for North Carolina on
Q: I was just wondering how a mass tort really works .in a mass tort the individual will be compensated for there on injury

An if that so what would someone be expecting if he or she was directly exposed to afff or pfas for 18-20 months every day an after words they wer

Diagnosed with germ cell testicular cancer In stage three from there not Hodgkin’s lymphoma, severe lung disease took a colitis chemotherapy... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Mar 15, 2024

A North Carolina attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. It would be best to reach out to law firms to discuss the exact way they handle things. But as a general matter in cases involving large numbers of plaintiffs, they can be handled as part of large multi-district... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Environmental for North Carolina on
Q: In what way are the powers of the STATES limited?

State constitutions, Executive Orders, ect.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on May 9, 2021

A fundamental way is through the Constitution's Supremacy Clause, which essentially states that the Constitution, federal laws, and treaties are the "Supreme Law of the Land" and take priority over conflicting state laws.

Here's the actual text (Article VI) "This...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Litigation and Environmental for North Carolina on
Q: My neighbor dug two deep culverts on his property against my fence to drain water onto my property.

In 2016, he did something similar and admitted digging a trench because his yard was too wet. What can I do? My yard is a mess and I am becoming ill over this level of harassment. I need the offending party to cease the assault on my property and pay for tree and lawn repair. What category of law... View More

Charles Evan Lohr
Charles Evan Lohr
answered on Feb 25, 2020

You may have grounds to file a nuisance lawsuit against him. Feel free to call me at (919)348-9211 if you'd like to discuss the case further.

Evan Lohr


1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Criminal Law and Environmental for North Carolina on
Q: My house was sprayed with the wrong chemicals for termites and now I can no longer live in my house can I sue?

Received a community grant for home repairs. General contractor hired someone to spray my house for termites. This was Oct of 2017 and I have not been able to live in my house since. The chemicals cause me to cough, wheezing, eyes watering, and headaches. Call state in it was determined the wrong... View More

Bill Powers
Bill Powers
answered on Mar 8, 2018

You need help from a CIVIL LAW attorney, preferably someone experienced handling Breach of Contract and Negligent Performance of a Contract legal issues.

Sorry to hear about your house!

Bill Powers

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law and Environmental for North Carolina on
Q: My partner and i want to introduce new paint in usa. Question is if it needs to be subjected to any standardized test
Gregory Andrews Cade
Gregory Andrews Cade
answered on Jun 11, 2017

Section 5 of Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) mandates anyone who plans to manufacture or import a new chemical substance for a non-exempt commercial purpose to provide the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) with prior notice. This pre-manufacture notice, or PMN, must be submitted at least 90... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law and Environmental for North Carolina on
Q: If a seller knowingly does not disclose info on the Disclosure form does the current owner have any recourse?

We purchased a home in NC and the seller did not disclose that the kitchen sink, dishwasher and washing machine gray water is pumped into the woods not the septic and our inspector did not catch it. We only found out by accident through a local farmer. Our house is over 50 years old and is... View More

Gregory Andrews Cade
Gregory Andrews Cade
answered on Apr 19, 2017

The first step is to contact the seller through your realtor and explain the situation to look for an equitable solution first. In case you decide to sue, you have to start out by going after every single party involved, then different parties will be removed as they're exonerated. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.