Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

North Dakota Child Support Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support for North Dakota on

Q: I paid 5yrs child support in wa state but my ex said to ND I didn't pay, lied about income I made how do I fix this?

Paid 5yrs in wa ex filed divorce in ND and he said I never paid any child support then lied about my income I was out of state and couldn't afford a attorney so they found me in default and charged me again for years I paid in WA based on what he told the courts. I've been trying to fight this... Read more »

Lucas Wynne answered on Sep 22, 2017

You will need to produce proof of the payments. Hiring an attorney would be wise.

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody and Child Support for North Dakota on

Q: I found out I was pregnant back in February of 2017 && so I'm only 12 weeks pregnant. My bf and I have not been married.

We do both live in different states but When I told him he was wanting a abortion bad. When I said I was keeping it he wanted to file full custody of my child. But has not came to any of the doctors appointments. I have moved down to texas where he is for a period of time and he still didn't go to... Read more »

Lucas Wynne answered on Sep 22, 2017

It is unclear whether you plan a return to North Dakota and which state jurisdiction would belong to. However, full custody is generally not an option absent extraordinary circumstances or the agreement of another party. You have no legal basis to demand that he shows up to appointments. When your... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support for North Dakota on

Q: In North Dakota, Can a parent deny getting child support from the other parent?

Lucas Wynne answered on Sep 20, 2017

Child support amounts are set by law. If you are facing a family law issues, the wisest option is to hire an attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support and Divorce for North Dakota on

Q: When you file for divorce are one of the parents required to pay child support?

If both parents agree that child support isnt needed can they legally get by without it.

Lucas Wynne answered on Aug 24, 2017

No. One or both parents will be on the line for child support.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Support for North Dakota on

Q: In north Dakota. Will my child support be raised on income I "will" make? Or is it based upon only past income?

I am leaving the state for much better income. My child will remain in North dakota with my Ex. Can she immediately raise my child support based upon what I "will" earn in the upcoming year, or, only after 1 year of income. This concerns me as I might not stay there and paying the higher support... Read more »

Lucas Wynne answered on Aug 24, 2017

The other party can seek a change in child support through the child support unit. Although the other party cannot unilaterally raise what you owe by simply telling you that you owe more, the state may.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Child Support and Domestic Violence for North Dakota on

Q: I did not respond to an affidavit therefore the judge ruled in favor of the plaintiff, what do I do next?

The court date was for temporary until the initial court date. I am the defendant in the case and doing this pro-se and the plaintiff has an attorney. There are also dual protection orders. The plaintiff has broken his and there is a seperate case for that.

Lucas Wynne answered on Aug 24, 2017

There is not enough information in your question to provide an answer.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Support for North Dakota on

Q: Hello my mother of us three children raised us without help need advice!

According to Florida child support order he owed $312 a month starting 03/01/1994. My siblings and I are taking care of our mother now and were wondering does he have to pay all the back support? How would we even do that? He has never even made one partial payment. We are now ages 21 25 28 years... Read more »

Lucas Wynne answered on Aug 24, 2017

This situation cannot be handled in North Dakota. You need to contact that organization that administers child support in Florida or contact a lawyer in Florida.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.