Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Minnesota Sexual Harassment Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Domestic Violence and Sexual Harassment for Minnesota on
Q: Hello! Should I press verbal assault charges against a security guard who verbally threatened me, “banning me” tryin

Thank you!! I have had no interaction that provoked it besides me shaking my head. He is attempting to ban me from a hospital when I did not initiate any encounter with him, and he stormed up to me demanding the I know who he is and I better not mess around with a man like him, I have no idea what... Read more »

Jonathan Matthew Holson
Jonathan Matthew Holson answered on Apr 27, 2021

You can't "press charges." You can report the matter to law enforcement. They will make the decision if charges are appropriate.

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Sexual Harassment for Minnesota on
Q: Someone accused me of a crime I'm innocent of. I have a strong feeling they are the ones that did it.

If I take the blame for their crime to save them, can the prison sentence be removed?

Jonathan Matthew Holson
Jonathan Matthew Holson answered on Jan 16, 2021

If you take the blame, you also take the consequences - including a potential prison sentence. Pleading guilty to something you didn’t do is a terrible idea. Get an attorney on board to help you.

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for Minnesota on
Q: can a 16-year old press charges against an 18-year-old for harassment and hate crimes?

I am a 16-year old highschooler, and a certain student has been constantly harassing students, physically, verbally, and mostly sexaully.

there have been attempts to tell the school administration, but the school has a reputation for letting special-needs students get away with anything,... Read more »

Jonathan Matthew Holson
Jonathan Matthew Holson answered on Feb 19, 2020

You wouldn't be pressing charges. That is a decision made by a prosecutor. You could certainly contact law enforcement about your concerns and things would go from there.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment for Minnesota on
Q: My 11yr old son sexually touched my 5yr old niece he is going to have court and I don’t know what to do.

I understand he did wrong but he is only a child too and I’m scared of what the court decides. I feel like I need a lawyer maybe?

Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne answered on Aug 7, 2019

Juvenile delinquency proceedings in Minnesota are similar but different from adult criminal proceedings. The basic procedure (discovery, plea bargaining, trial, etc.) apply, but younger juveniles often have better opportunities for rehabilitation and to avoid future problems. But to get a fair... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment for Minnesota on
Q: I filed a formal harassment claim and my boss was found to be guilty. He was able to keep his job and is still my boss

Isn’t that considered putting me in a hostile workplace?

Emre Polat Esq.
Emre Polat Esq. answered on Nov 27, 2018

Yes, it could be. Are you still reporting to him? What the extent of the sexual harassment? Consider a consultation for a case evaluation.

1 Answer | Asked in Juvenile Law and Sexual Harassment for Minnesota on
Q: If I am 17 and my partner is 14, would it be illegal to date, kiss, makeout, or leave hickies?
Stefan Dunkelgrun
Stefan Dunkelgrun answered on Aug 7, 2018

As long as your partner gives full consent, based on the information you provided, it is not illegal.

If the younger person is older than 13 and younger than 16, the older person may not be more than 48 months older.

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment for Minnesota on
Q: Does this constitute workplace harassment?

Setting is a high school.

Male employee to female employees:

“ The sparkles in your blouse, really catch my eye” (the only sparkles we’re across near her breasts)

“Your dress really looks nice with your leggings“

“Your hair is just SO shiny, I just... Read more »

Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne answered on Dec 20, 2017

Sounds like it to me, retain an attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Sexual Harassment for Minnesota on
Q: A friend of mine belongs to a religion that practices shunning. Is this a good "leave me alone" type letter?

"Hello, from what I heard, you want me to attend a religious-based tribunal. From the looks of it, you are putting me on trial to see if I should remain a member of your faith. To ensure this tribunal is fair & unbiased, I will bring in my own representation & eyewitnesses to the said... Read more »

Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne answered on Dec 19, 2017

Don't attend services at the facility of this "religion" (sounds like a cult), stop communicating with the "friend," move on with your life.

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment and Criminal Law for Minnesota on
Q: I live in Minnesota and I'm 17, is it legal for me to have sex with someone who is 22?
Joseph A. Gangi
Joseph A. Gangi answered on Jun 1, 2017

The age of consent in Minnesota is 16, but there are some other factors that come into play, such as if the adult party is in a "significant relationship" or "position of authority" or if there are vulnerabilities involved.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.