Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Connecticut Social Security Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Connecticut on
Q: How do i return social security money because of the death of an individual
Susan Michele Schaefer
Susan Michele Schaefer answered on Apr 20, 2020

Report the death of someone who was receiving Social Security benefits the Social Security Administration (SSA) by calling 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778). Let SSA know about the money that needs to be returned. Keep in mind that Social Security benefits are paid a month behind. For example,... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Connecticut on
Q: I just won an SSD overpayment case. How can I recover my July 2019 payment that was taken from me?
Scott F Bocchio
Scott F Bocchio answered on Dec 30, 2019

I would suggest that you contact your local Social Security Administrative office and present that question to them. They should have an estimated time frame for when you will receive payment. Congratulations!

Attorney Scott Bocchio

Legal Rights Advocates

P 855-254-7841...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Connecticut on
Q: Hi, I have to give back money to Social Security. It is money that I don't have. I feel it's not my fault.

I have reported my income each month like I'm supposed to do.

Katelyn M. Burke
Katelyn M. Burke answered on Apr 9, 2019

You have a few options here. If you do not think you were overpaid, you can request a reconsideration of the determination. If instead, which it sounds like here, you believe you may have been overpaid, but it is not your fault, you can ask for a waiver of the overpayment and complete SSA Form 632,... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Social Security for Connecticut on
Q: how hard is it to collect ssdi at 62
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Apr 6, 2019

Depends entirely on your change in abilities and how that affects your employment. Remember, it's not the inability to do your old job but you have to be unable to do any job that exists for medical reasons. Is there a reason why you can't, for example, take tickets at a parking lot?

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law, Tax Law and Social Security for Connecticut on
Q: Is there any way to get a temporary SSN ?

Hi, I have a question about the authorization to work.

I am in a process to get the permanent residence, because my husband is an american citizen, but I have been waiting for the SSN around three months and I have not received anything yet. So, is there any way to get a temporary SSN... Read more »

Hector E. Quiroga
Hector E. Quiroga answered on Aug 28, 2018

Once you get the work authorization, you can apply for a social security number. It may take four or five months to get the work authorization.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.