Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Utah Products Liability Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Elder Law, Identity Theft, Personal Injury and Products Liability for Utah on
Q: Can I sue my past landlord in02/09/2021 for evicting me from my apartment over night when it was against the law to evic

Tenets during that time in the beginning of the COVID-19 Pandemic

Wesley Winsor
Wesley Winsor
answered on Feb 13, 2023

If it were a wrongful eviction, you would need to prove damages. Do you have good evidence that it was a wrongful eviction? Also, that you suffered damages? I would not advise, based on the limited facts, that you pursue this. You are likely to spend more money in litigation and attorney's... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Patents (Intellectual Property), Consumer Law, Copyright and Products Liability for Utah on
Q: How to I find patents filed on work research and modifications done on my truck? Is there an application?
Marcos Garciaacosta
Marcos Garciaacosta
answered on Jul 3, 2021

Check google patents.

If the patent has not published or granted it won't be found.

Consult with an attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Small Claims, Products Liability and Medical Malpractice for Utah on
Q: I want to take dentist to small claims court, for reimbursement for bottom denture that was damaged beyond repair.
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Aug 29, 2020

A Utah attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for two weeks. There wasn't a question here, but if you are interested in using small claims courts, most unified statewide court systems include online resources for small claims court. Their resources for the public generally... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Products Liability for Utah on
Q: I'M 62 year's old and trying to find an attorney to represent me concerning the tobacco master settlement agreement.

Or tell me how I can get on the list to get the money for it.

Brian K Jackson
Brian K Jackson
answered on Jul 28, 2017

Are you located in Utah or California?

2 Answers | Asked in Copyright, Products Liability and Gaming for Utah on
Q: I'm making a baseball themed card game.

I'm using vintage pictures of cards from the early 1900's which are in the public domain. I'm wondering if their names are also safe to use? Thank you!

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Nov 12, 2016

You are copying a card so normally that would be fine; however I'm not a copywrite /image specialist and you should contact one of them for a definitive answer.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Utah on
Q: Could I be sued for a board game I created that doesn't have a choking hazard warning if I sold the business?

Board game is 20 years old. Has small pieces, doesn't have choking hazard warning label. My license is expired, all rights I had are gone. I'm selling 2000 games to someone else who wants to sell them individually. Am I responsible in case of worst case scenario "a child chokes"... Read more »

William Tyler Melling
William Tyler Melling
answered on Oct 18, 2016

It's hard to answer your question completely without more information. That being said, if the game is no longer yours to license, and you are merely selling the game wholesale to another seller, then I would suggest an indemnity clause in the purchase contract requiring the seller to assume... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Utah on
Q: I used a Rx cream and I had a very bad reaction after I only used it one time. What am I supposed to do now?
Mr. Jarod Morris
Mr. Jarod Morris
answered on Mar 30, 2011

This response is general and not specific to any jurisdiction. If you seek state-specific law, contact an attorney licensed in your state.

First, document the reaction. Certainly take pictures. You should also make an appointment with your doctor just to make sure that no other reactions...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.