West Virginia Estate Planning Questions & Answers

Q: Is the following clause in a will a residuary clause or not?

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning for West Virginia on
Answered on Nov 1, 2015
Robert Jason De Groot's answer
It sure sounds like one to me. What does the case law in your state say about this?

Q: Do I have any reason to obtain legal assistance

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning for West Virginia on
Answered on Mar 13, 2011
Andrew John Hawes' answer
It depends. Do you trust the person named in the will as the executor? Has the executor hired an attorney to assist them in administering the estate? How much money is in the estate? You probably don't need an attorney unless there is a lot of money in the estate and you don't get along with your fellow grand kids.

Attorneys typically charge $175-300 an hour, so if the estate is under 100K, it's probably not worth it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.