Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Georgia Patents (Intellectual Property) Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Patents (Intellectual Property) for Georgia on
Q: Hi I need to know how to get in court on a 16-13-49 ocga I need the paper to file to get in court over my truck

Georgia state has got a hold on my truck which my son borrowed from me

Kevin E. Flynn
Kevin E. Flynn answered on Apr 15, 2018

So sorry Justia needs to fix their topics as they should say Patent/Inventions rather than Patents. Patents with a "t" looks a whole lot like Parents with an "r". Your question came to me as a patent/invention lawyer.

I am not sure why the state of Georgia has your...
Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation, Family Law, Adoption and Patents (Intellectual Property) for Georgia on
Q: Are there laws to protect a mother in a reunification plan if there is lack of effort for the reunification plan by DFC

In the event the mother potentially stands to have a termination of her parental rights and there has been a lack of effort on the Dfcs end in the case does the mother have the ability to seek further treatment in the case of substance abuse or or parental rights automatically terminated after 12... Read more »

P. Justin Thrailkill
P. Justin Thrailkill answered on Mar 29, 2018

You need to retain counsel immediately if you don't already have counsel. There is an argument to be made in your case, but it depends on the effort you have put into your reunification plan and what DFCS is doing. At the end of the day, the responsibility to complete the case plan is yours.... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Patents (Intellectual Property) for Georgia on
Q: How do I go about filing a Petition to Make Special Patent? Trying to find the applications that are needed to do so

Let me explain. I want to file the necessary application to do a patent to counter terrorism? What all do I need to do?

Kevin E. Flynn
Kevin E. Flynn answered on Jan 23, 2018

The USPTO has a number of different programs.

There is a petition to make special based on applicant's age or health (Be sure to note the warnings that you need to file in a specific way...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support and Patents (Intellectual Property) for Georgia on
Q: If I live in my own home while the mother lives with her parents and I support my son do I pay child support
Regina Irene Edwards
Regina Irene Edwards answered on Jan 3, 2018

If your son lives with the mother, then you have to pay child support.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Patents (Intellectual Property) for Georgia on
Q: I'm 17 and my boyfriend is 18 and I'm pregnant with him... Can he get charged in the state of Georgia. I'm really scared
William C. Head
William C. Head answered on Aug 2, 2017

May depend on your birthday. Because you are not married, you have no marital privilege, and would be required to testify about sexual relations BEFORE the age of consent.

He needs to talk to a local lawyer, to get more information.

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability, Medical Malpractice and Patents (Intellectual Property) for Georgia on
Q: What if the lawyer had it done ( with Prjudice in late 2015,but had you thing the case was on going.
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Feb 15, 2017

I believe you may in that case have a potential case against the attorney.But unlikely they wouldn't tell you unless you had not responded to their letters.

Q: What happens if you are not notified of your case being dismissed
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Feb 15, 2017

You can file a motion ot reopen,which should be done as soon as you find out. Check and see the addresses they used.If you moved, didn't tell people, on you.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Copyright, Patents (Intellectual Property) and Trademark for Georgia on
Q: How can I remove a former partner's name off of a trademark both of our names are under?

My band was trademark and a former member's name is under the contract as well as the rest of the members. Is there a way to have her name removed?

Donovan A Rodriques
Donovan A Rodriques answered on Jan 18, 2017

You should speak with an entertainment attorney and provide more information regarding the terms of the "contract" with the band members.

The materials provided herein are for informational purposes only and do not constitute advertising, solicitation or legal advice....
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law and Patents (Intellectual Property) for Georgia on
Q: I have been working with a patent company for 5 years that keeps saying companies are interested, is this legit

I got my patent with the company that I've been working with, they filed all the paperwork for me it shows that I have an actual patent but they've been saying that manufacturing companies are interested for the past three years nothing has panned out and they just keep saying that their... Read more »

Peter D. Mlynek
Peter D. Mlynek answered on Nov 22, 2016

First thing first: did you really get a patent or did they just file a patent application for you? I mean, did they send you by US mail a bound original patent with a red ribbon on it?

If yes, then there is no reason to keep paying them. Market your product yourself.

1 Answer | Asked in Intellectual Property and Patents (Intellectual Property) for Georgia on
Q: I filed for my patent on March 17, 2016, how much time do I have to file for a foreign patent?
Peter D. Mlynek
Peter D. Mlynek answered on Nov 22, 2016

Generally, up to exactly 1 year.

(Your attorney should have told you that. )

1 Answer | Asked in Patents (Intellectual Property) for Georgia on
Q: How do i get a patent

I have an idea and want to get a patent

Mr. Ilya Libenzon
Mr. Ilya Libenzon answered on Feb 26, 2014

You should contact a patent attorney who can help you with the following procedure.

The first step would be conducting a patentability search to see what it out there disclosed in the prior art for ascertaining the chances of getting a patent. Next step is to draft a patent application...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.