Questions Answered by William Head

Q: I was arrested for dui in va w/ a .09. I was pulled over for failure to switch lanes when passing an emergency vehicle.

3 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Virginia on
Answered on Aug 23, 2017

The difference is whether your DUI gets reduced.

Far higher odds, in your favor, with a respected, skilled DUI lawyer handling.

Call Mr. Burk Beale, 703-690-1222

Tell him Mr. William Head, from Atlanta, referred you.
View Details »

Q: I have a 15 year old harassing me. He comes walking by my house every day making gun noises, throwing rocks at my window

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Criminal Law for South Carolina on
Answered on Aug 22, 2017

Video him, as he walks by. Get it with sound, to show the harassment. Then, play it for police. Show dates on video.

Once arrested, and under probation, he can be ordered to not come within certain distance of your property.
View Details »

Q: My motorcycle was hit while parked. I have a police report and contacted their insurance. What are my options or rights?

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Pennsylvania on
Answered on Aug 22, 2017

Two options. Settle or sue in small claims court.

If you have insurance, and deductible is not too large, they can pay, and then use their lawyers to collect from the at fault party.
View Details »

Q: I have a learner's permit violation ticket if I was to get my real drivers license will the drop the ticket

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Georgia on
Answered on Aug 22, 2017

Possibly, but not certain. For certain, if this charge hits your record, you will suffer a total suspension.

Hire a traffic lawyer, for that court, to assist you. Or, public defender.
View Details »

Q: I broke a tooth on a McDonalds boneless chicken nugget. Their was a .5" bone shard inside of it. What are my rights?

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Minnesota on
Answered on Aug 22, 2017

Hopefully, you told them immediately, and kept the evidence. They want that, to prevent false claims.
View Details »

Q: Other party's insurance is charging me without receipts and threatening to have my license revoked for property damage?

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Tennessee on
Answered on Aug 22, 2017

You need to hire a TN lawyer. This is a legal mess that someone has to clean up. You have no ability to blunder further, into this abyss. The insurance company and its lawyers will run right over you
View Details »

Q: If no custody order is in place can my ex keep my son from me . can I go get him with a police officer

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Civil Rights and Family Law for Utah on
Answered on Aug 22, 2017

This issue needs a local lawyer to assist you. Plus, reading this question, the first thing that comes to an attorney's mind is, "What did you OMIT from this question?"

The fact that she is "keeping" your son from you raises a red flag.

Have you legitimized the child?

Have you been arrested or convicted of crimes?

Who do you live with?

Where do you live, as in a safe place?

Are you addicted to alcohol or drugs?

Quit looking online for...
View Details »

Q: If there is an accident involving a non-licensed driver, is there fault on one or both sides

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Georgia on
Answered on Aug 22, 2017

Well, it seems that the cop was trying to do his/her best to HELP the boyfriend, and possibly help you.

If insurance is going to pay for this, then they may NOT if you entrusted your vehicle to an unlicensed driver.

If damages are small, then pay the claim out of pocket without going through insurance. This prevents your rates from being hiked, for making this claim.

Plus, if you use their money, and they later find out the claim was fraudulent, then you could have even...
View Details »

Q: In Pennsylvania, do I have to list my kids of driving age who have drivers licenses on my insurance?

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Consumer Law and Traffic Tickets for Pennsylvania on
Answered on Aug 22, 2017

Your questions is so clearly worded about this situation that it is clear that you are trying to misrepresent facts, to save money.

Unless the children are separately insured and own and drive different vehicles, then YES.

The policy is a contract. One of the requirements of any contract is that the disclosures and "facts" you put in that policy are correct. One of the questions has to do with ALL people living at your residence, and their ages. The policy requires TRUTHFUL...
View Details »

Q: Minor accident/ with no insurance in California

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for California on
Answered on Aug 22, 2017

If the prosecutor sees that the payment for your insurance was AFTER the time of this accident, all kinds of nasty things will happen.

Let's start with possible insurance fraud. The application forms typically have parts that you have to fill out, or check, and this says that you have not been in any previous accidents within X number of years.

The crime of driving without insurance is another possibility. You could lose your license.

Additionally, since the other...
View Details »

Q: Can a woman receive 60000 from a car accident and keep the money, to buy a new car now now has 2 cars have many surgery

1 Answer | Asked in Broker Fraud and Car Accidents for Wisconsin on
Answered on Aug 22, 2017
View Details »

Q: Can I walk my dog after hours on School grounds During summer months?

1 Answer | Asked in Animal / Dog Law, Personal Injury and Criminal Law for Massachusetts on
Answered on Aug 22, 2017

You forgot to mention whether your dog wore a diaper. The issue for schools is that children play outside (recess) and if poop piles litter the landscape, guess who gets to clean up the kids, once they get poop on them? Don't ask me how they get poop on them, but they will.

If it is a law, or posted, STAY AWAY.
View Details »

Q: Does New Jersey have implied consent laws when it comes to drunk driving?

4 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for New Jersey on
Answered on Aug 21, 2017

Yes, all states do. Here is some info:

Implied Consent. ... New Jersey's “implied consent” law says that if you are lawfully arrested by an officer who has probable cause to believe that you have been driving while intoxicated, then you consent to taking a chemical test of your breath for the purpose of determining your blood alcohol content (BAC).
View Details »

Q: I am starting a mobile bbq business. Can I prepare food at my home in a separate room set up for food preparation .

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability, Agricultural Law and Business Law for Georgia on
Answered on Aug 21, 2017

So long as the kitchen is approved by the State. All regs should be available. Find out this cost, and requirements. Important.
View Details »

Q: What is the difference between DUI and DWI?

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Mississippi on
Answered on Aug 21, 2017

Different states use different acronyms. No difference, in reality.

Drunk driving, it drugged driving, or impaired by both.
View Details »

Q: Can someone have two DWIs in the past have a passport?

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for North Carolina on
Answered on Aug 21, 2017

Not aware of any bar to you getting a passport. However, some countries, like Canada, will deny you entry to their countries.

A passport is only proof of citizenship, needed to travel abroad.
View Details »

Q: My employer is dismissing me several hours early so they don't have to give me breastfeeding breaks. Discrimination?

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for Massachusetts on
Answered on Aug 20, 2017

Massachusetts has some pretty decent laws, for such issues.

Select someone on this list, and see if you can get legal help:
View Details »

Q: This would have to do with Employment Law dealing with Drug testing after employment, not pre-employment.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for Tennessee on
Answered on Aug 20, 2017

Two issues are shown here. One, the application for employment. What was on it MAY make a difference.

Second, what was the drug? Drugs relating to mental conditions, for which the safety of others is at risk can be a problem.

To make sure that this was not merely an EXCUSE, contact a TN specialist:
View Details »

Q: what can i do if my exemployer breached the Non-disparagement clause in our settlement? I had to put her as a job refer

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination on
Answered on Aug 20, 2017

You need direct assistance from a CALIF attorney. Take your contract, about non-disparagement to a lawyer. Here is a list of employment attorneys, who should be able to look over your paperwork and situation.

If you have a decent case, one of these folks should be willing to take on your cause.
View Details »

Q: I need help about weather a situation at a job is discrimination and weather it is illegal? If it is I also need to know

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for Missouri on
Answered on Aug 20, 2017

Too little detail to know about this. Very small businesses are not held to same standards as larger companies, that affect Interstate Commerce.

Best bet is to seek a FREE consultation with an employment attorney. Use this link:
View Details »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.