Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Allan F. Friedman

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Connecticut on

Q: Is it a violation of an AR in Connecticut to be arrested in a civil proceeding?

My ex is on an A.R. in CT. for 2 misdemeanors and 2 felony charges relating to cruelty to animals. He just spent a night in jail for a Capius Mittimus for child support with his 1st ex-wife. I'm waiting for a martial to pick him up on a Capias issued for contempt of court on my finalized divorce... Read more »

Allan F. Friedman answered on Jun 15, 2019

A civil contempt is not a criminal arrest. It will have no effect on the A/R program and no need to notify. Civil arrests based upon non compliance with Court orders are totally separate matters from criminal arrests. Of course any criminal arrest for which probable cause is found could... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Employment Law and Sexual Harassment for Connecticut on

Q: How much would it cost me to bring a sexual harassment/voyeurism case forth?

I filed a sexual harassment complaint on a coworker and I potentially have a case for voyeurism and illegal dissemination of an inappropriate photo taken without my knowledge or consent, at work. What would it cost me to bring this case to court? How often are these cases won and is it even worth... Read more »

Allan F. Friedman answered on Jun 4, 2019

I would contact the local police and see if they are interested in prosecuting the matter on a criminal basis first. A lot would depend on the particular facts of your individual case. If that does not work see if you can find a civil attorney to accept the case on a contingency basis. A... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Connecticut on

Q: Larceny 2 Wrongfully charged.

Allan F. Friedman answered on May 16, 2019

I think that we could use some more details to give you a useful answer. Many people are in fact totally innocent and wrongfully charged. That is why it is always a good idea to seek a free consultation with a experienced criminal defense attorney before you make any moves. I would suggest you... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Connecticut on

Q: If I was convicted of dissemination of an intimate image of my ex-wife in violation of protective What would my penalty

Also pending cases in same state with same woman

Allan F. Friedman answered on May 16, 2019

I think we would need more details about the other pending cases to give you your maximum exposure. You should consult with a criminal defense attorney to see if you qualify for a diversionary program such as the accelerated rehabilitation program or the family violence education program.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Connecticut on

Q: Good morning. Do you do or bono work for someone accused of a sex crime?

My husband has been accused of rape. We believe he’s innocent but we can’t afford a lawyer so he has a public defender that hasn’t been there to see him once. We really need your help if you can.

Allan F. Friedman answered on May 16, 2019

Our Public Defenders carry heavy case loads and they may not have the time to get out to prison to visit your husband or give you the kind of customer service that you would expect from a private lawyer but most of them are really highly qualified in criminal law as that is all they do day in and... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.