Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Edward Gudeman
3 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy for Michigan on
Q: What to do when attorney was instructed to file paperwork and he did not, causing a dismissal of case ?

Its a bankruptcy case

Edward Gudeman
Edward Gudeman
answered on Dec 23, 2022

Certainly, you should speak to your attorney about filing a motion to reopen the case and obtain permission to file the appropriate documents. He or she should obviously comply with your request. Refiling is also a possibility, but there are factors that might prevent it.

If there is no...
Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law and Tax Law for Michigan on
Q: I started a software company in Michigan and I am getting clients from other states, do I need to file LLC there?

I started an LLC for software-as-a-service in Michigan and I am getting clients from Ohio and Illinois, I wanted to know that do I need to file an LLC in all states from where I get clients or I can do business from my Michigan LLC only, and where do I pay income tax?

Edward Gudeman
Edward Gudeman
answered on Feb 24, 2022

The filing of Articles of Organization in the other states in which you are doing business is not appropriate. Doing so would create separate entities that would have to be treated accordingly.

The registration of your company in those states in which you are doing business is, however,...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.