Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Bradley M. Glaze

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Mississippi on

Q: Is a conviction under MS.code 41-29-139 Sec B eligable for expungement after 5 yrs?

Bradley M. Glaze answered on May 3, 2011

Mississippi Code Section 99-19-71(2)(a) provides as follows: "Any person who has been convicted of one of the following felonies may petition the court in which the conviction was had for an order to expunge one (1) conviction from all public records five (5) years after the successful completion... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Military Law for Oklahoma on

Q: Is anyone working on the military's Mandatory Supervised Release program?

Currently incarcerated on "parole" without a court order under the military Mandatory Supervised Release Program. Pursuing relief via Habeas Corpus, but am having to go in forma pauperis / pro se. Let me know if you are interested, even academically.

Bradley M. Glaze answered on May 3, 2011

To provide any assistance in this area, you would have to provide more information. I am assuming that you were incarcerated by the Army. If that is the case, your MSR should be handled through the Army Review Boards Agency ( An attorney answering this... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law for Mississippi on

Q: How many days is the maximum stay in Mississippi before the guest can be consider as a resident?

Bradley M. Glaze answered on Apr 26, 2011

There is no maximum or minimum number of days that a guest (person) can stay in Mississippi to be considered a resident. Residency is defined by various Mississippi statutes for different purposes. For example, there are tax statutes that define residency requirements for tax purposes, election... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Military Law for Texas on

Q: Does a Trial Counsler have to review personnel files(counselings, evaulations,etc)an investigator before a court martial

Does a Trial Counsler have to (or have the right) to review personnel files (counselings, evaultions, etc.) prior to a court martial for a subject that was interviewed and processed by that investigator?

Bradley M. Glaze answered on Apr 26, 2011

There are a few words and phrases that you use that really need defining to provide you with the best answer to this question, but I'll give you my opinion, based upon what is asked here. As with all of the answers provided here, this answer does not constitute legal advice, and you should always... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Mississippi on

Q: Can anyone tell me what embezzlement, property borrowed or hired means?

Bradley M. Glaze answered on Apr 26, 2011

You are referring to Mississippi Criminal Statute Section 97-23-27, which states, "The fraudulent appropriation of certain specific property by one to whom it has been delivered on a contract or loan for use, or of letting and hiring, after the time at which, according to the contract, the right of... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Military Law for Nevada on

Q: What exactly does dishonorably discharged mean ?

Bradley M. Glaze answered on Apr 25, 2011

Like many terms that you may find in dealing with the law, "dishonorable discharge" has a very specific meaning for attorneys who practice military law, and another meaning that is applied by the general public. The legal or technical definition of dishonorable discharge ("DD")is found under Rule... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Mississippi on

Q: Is a Traffic Ticket Invalid if the officer doesn't sign it?

Bradley M. Glaze answered on Apr 22, 2011

Subsection c of Mississippi Code 63-9-21. Uniform Traffic Ticket Law reads as follows: "Every traffic ticket shall show, among other necessary information, the name of the issuing officer, the name of the court in which the cause is to be heard, and the date and time such person is to appear to... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Mississippi on

Q: What is my relief? Judge has had case 4 months. prisoner jailed without proper hearing. How long does he have?

Prisoner is in jail and was not given preliminary hearing or revocation hearing. Case filed 4 months ago. No ruling as of this date 4/12/11

Bradley M. Glaze answered on Apr 22, 2011

Regardless of whether you are in state or federal court, there are Constitutional and statutory rights to a "speedy trial". You assert your right to a speedy trial in writing by filing a motion with the court. If you are represented by an attorney, your attorney can handle this filing.

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law for Mississippi on

Q: How to dissolve an LLC when partner won't agree to anything?

Bradley M. Glaze answered on Apr 21, 2011

How the LLC will be dissolved will depend on what the certificate of formation, organizational documents, or organizational agreement says. If a date of dissolution is not indicated in the certificate of formation, and there are no organizational documents that provide for how the LLC will be... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Mississippi on

Q: Hi, I am being sued by my fiance's ex wife for alienation of affection...should I be concerned that I could be at fault?

My fiance was married to this woman at the time we re-connected, however he claimed the marriage was already in a state of decline. His ex-wife has been a stay at home mom for many years, not ever having gainful employment. I have been a very successful doctor, therefore I believe this woman is... Read more »

Bradley M. Glaze answered on Apr 21, 2011

Whether or not you will be found at fault depends on the facts of your case. However, alienation of affection is still an intentional tort for which your fiance's ex-wife may sue and recover in Mississippi. If you have not already done so, you should immediately seek the advice of an attorney to... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.