Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Davin Van Eyken
1 Answer | Asked in Business Law for Maryland on
Q: hello what rights do I have as a business owner if my partner is trying to force me out.

I invested $60,000 in a restaurant and my partner wants to force a buy out at $42000. I don't have access to the business records and I want to force this. I don't want to get bought out now either.


Davin Van Eyken
Davin Van Eyken
answered on Mar 29, 2021

No you cannot be forced out without a court order mandating that course of action.

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Maryland on
Q: If my E-2 visa expired and I didn't renew it. When I must to leave? or How can I extension If I need time to stay?

My name is Jay. I'm Thai. I have question about my visa.

My visa is E-2 visa. I got this visa from my owner, they have Thai restaurant in USA.

The provide this visa for me work in them restaurant in position Executive Chef.

And now I already past 1 year and my e-2 visa... View More

Davin Van Eyken
Davin Van Eyken
answered on Oct 22, 2016

Has your I-94 expired?

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Business Law and Consumer Law for Maryland on
Q: A LLC business issued me an insufficient funds checks and has done for numerous times. How do I file a complaint?

A check cashing company has blocked the company because he uses different names and accounts. The funds never clear. When I attempted to contact the owner he refuses to call me back. His mailbox is full and office says they don't know how to contact him. Can you advise me on how to file a... View More

Davin Van Eyken
Davin Van Eyken
answered on Sep 13, 2016

You can only sue under a cause of action. This seems like a breach of contract and fraud claim case. You have to formerly allege in your complaint what this person has done and the damages it has caused you.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for Maryland on
Q: In a divorce 9yrs ago i was awarded child support - Now he's tired of paying & hired a lawyer to stop CS. Is it possibl

He pays $250 monthly, I have full physical custody and joint legal custody. The child is 9 and with me most times except every other weekend & maybe once during the week. No visitation restrictions, no increase request. Child he take my son away simply because he is tired of paying?

Davin Van Eyken
Davin Van Eyken
answered on Sep 13, 2016

The child support requirement will not be suspended on the basis of the child's father not wanting to pay it anymore. He has to prove that circumstances have changed, and that his obligations should also change as a result.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.