Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Robert C. Hahn III

4 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy for Washington on

Q: If someone filed, but they die before the bankruptcy goes through, are the kids responsible for paying off the debt?

Robert C. Hahn III answered on Nov 16, 2018

The simple answer is No, the kids are not responsible for paying off the debt in bankruptcy. But the if the deceased has an estate that is required to be probated by state law, the creditors may be able to file claims in probate.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy for Washington on

Q: How public are personal bankruptcies? How can I keep mine as private as possible?

Robert C. Hahn III answered on Sep 19, 2018

Really you cant keep it private. It is considered public information and is accessible via the PACER court system to the public if they register and are willing to pay 10cents a page to look at your bankruptcy pleadings.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Washington on

Q: I had a fall in Billings, Montana. But I live in Spokane, WA area. Do I need to search for a Lawyer in Billings?

It was a damaged sidewalk that I tripped and fell. I did submit a claim with City of Billings. The state of Montana and Billings have denied the claim. I have a letter, tell me that I was at the area the day before that I knew about the damaged and they have no negligence. But they now know of... Read more »

Robert C. Hahn III answered on Aug 20, 2018

Yes, you would be best contacted a lawyer in Billings Montana, unless you can find a lawyer in Spokane that is an injury lawyer and is also licensed to practice in Montana.

3 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy for Washington on

Q: Can I keep my car if I need to file for bankruptcy?

Robert C. Hahn III answered on Aug 8, 2018

Usually yes if you are willing to continue to pay for the car according to the terms of your loan. In most situations you must be current with your payments. But in a chapter 13 you could be behind with your payments and still keep the vehicle. If you car is paid for and within your exemptions... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy for Washington on

Q: In what situations can I file for bankruptcy and still keep my home?

Robert C. Hahn III answered on Jul 31, 2018

This is an important question. One you will want to discuss with a bankruptcy lawyer. The law allows you to keep a certain amount of equity or value in your home. If you are within these numbers then your house is exempt or protected. But if you have equity or value over these figures than a... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.