Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Tracy Tiernan
2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: if you plead no contest to felony embezzlement for a fine of $1000.00, can you still leave that state?

leave said state to seek employment to pay fine

Tracy Tiernan
Tracy Tiernan answered on Jul 14, 2018

As a general rule, there are rarely restrictions prohibiting your traveling outside the state during a felony or misdemeanor probation (outside of the standard requirement that you give written and/or oral notification to your probation officer as required by the Rules and Conditions of Probation... Read more »

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: If I were to get in a car with the understanding there wasn't anything in the car and find out way late is it possession

I asked my ride to leave anything illegal before we left my house she said she would not bring anything wasn't til I was 70 miles from home when she broke out a pipe . we was picked up by police

Tracy Tiernan
Tracy Tiernan answered on May 26, 2018

The state of Oklahoma will often assume that all occupants are in possession of whatever illegal contents are found after the search of a car in which they are riding during a traffic stop. They routinely charge multiple occupants in such situations with possession of the same contraband. The good... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: My daughter, age 20 was charged with this violation. Possession by persons under age 21. With this being under the Juv

code will this go on her permanent record, and since she was not in a vehicle nor was she intoxicated will they still suspend her license? This is in Oklahoma.

Tracy Tiernan
Tracy Tiernan answered on Mar 30, 2018

It depends upon the specific facts of the case. You need to hire an attorney to review the case and negotiate a very favorable result (there is probably an excellent chance to keep this off of her record provided she has no prior involvement with law enforcement). Hire an attorney immediately.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.