Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by John W. Molony
1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for South Carolina on
Q: I have a court date in aug for a DUI arrest. I have been on unpaid leave from work since March and can’t pay

I have a company sponsored pension payment in September of this year and would have the money then.

What should I do?

John W. Molony
John W. Molony answered on Jul 17, 2020

I would be happy to discuss this matter further with you. Please feel free to call me at 843-762-5732 to discuss this further.


1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for South Carolina on
Q: I was stopped the other day by two local officers while leaving the pharmacy. Officer stated I was speeding and ran.

When I approached my vehicle after leaving the pharmacy, 2 officers pulled up to my car with sirens on. The officer got out and approached me saying that i had been speeding and ran from him. He issued me 4 tickets totaling $1575 and towed my vehicle. I printed off my time sheet that shows I clock... Read more »

John W. Molony
John W. Molony answered on Mar 11, 2019

Contact a South Carolina criminal defense lawyer as soon as you possibly can, so that they can thoroughly review this matter for you.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Juvenile Law for South Carolina on
Q: My fifteen year old is being charged with conspiracy because he knew but didn’t tell what do I do?

Has been suspended for 10 days possible expulsion because they said he wrote the note for a bomb threat but then they found out who really done it he told his side and they are charging him with the other two all Bc he knew and didn’t tell

John W. Molony
John W. Molony answered on Jan 21, 2019

Retain counsel as soon as possible. Contact a South Carolina criminal defense lawyer immediately to discuss this matter further.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Litigation and Communications Law for South Carolina on
Q: I'm being harassed by phone from a south carolina resident and I live in P.a..what are my options for filing suit?
John W. Molony
John W. Molony answered on Dec 18, 2018

As a South Carolina attorney I cannot speak to the law in Pennsylvania. In South Carolina in situations where one feels threatened or in need of protection, one can seek either a Family Court Order Of Protection or a Restraining Order from a Magistrates’ Court. One would seek an Order of... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for South Carolina on
Q: Married less than two years, husband wants out of it, what grounds does he have?

Small amount of property, house is in his name, cars are too. I do not want a divorce, how do I protect myself

John W. Molony
John W. Molony answered on Dec 7, 2018

In South Carolina, there are five grounds for divorce. Four of these are fault based grounds: 1) Deserstion for more than one year; 2) Adultery; 3) Physical Cruelty; 4) Habitual Drunkenness. A fault based divorce will require one spouse to allege & prove the relevant marital fault of the... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for South Carolina on
Q: My son was accussed of armed robbery with a concealed weapons he had no weapon and for trespassing

They were going by what someone had told them And the person is a known drug user this is his first charge

John W. Molony
John W. Molony answered on Dec 17, 2018

South Carolina code section 16-11-330 makes it a felony punishable by at least 10 years in prison to commit “robbery while armed with a pistol, dirk, slingshot, metal knuckles, razor, or other deadly weapon” in this state. Depending on the specific circumstances, this is potentially a serious... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.