Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Michael Wilson McGraw
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Maryland on
Q: Does the "AND" at the end of section "A" mean both conditions need to be met to be illegal?

§ 4-110. Restricted firearm ammunition.

Universal Citation: MD Crim Law Code § 4-110 (2016)

(a) "Restricted firearm ammunition" defined. -- In this section, "restricted firearm ammunition" means a cartridge, a shell, or any other device that:

(1)... Read more »

Michael Wilson McGraw
Michael Wilson McGraw answered on Apr 30, 2021

Yes this statute is written in the conjunctive which means the conditions in "A" and "B" both need to be met in order for there to be a violation.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Maryland on
Q: Please explain section B to me? It looks like it is only illegal to use this in the commission of a crime. Md Code 4-110

MD Crim Law Code § 4-110 (2016)

(a) "Restricted firearm ammunition"

(1) contains explosive or incendiary material designed and intended for use in a firearm; and

(2) has a core constructed, excluding traces of other substances, entirely from one or a combination... Read more »

Michael Wilson McGraw
Michael Wilson McGraw answered on Apr 30, 2021

You're correct. Under this particular statute, it is illegal to use or possess essentially bullets, during the commission of a crime of violence. Example: If you had bullets in your possession during a robbery, but used a BB gun to commit the robbery, you could be charged under this... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Products Liability and Lemon Law for Maryland on
Q: You I bought a car a month ago. I went to a dealership. Since buying the car it has broke down on me 3 times,

I’ve had multiple issues, major issues. The car was as is but i did purchase a warranty. The dealership refuses to even talk to me. I asked for a CARFAX report and he says he gave me one but he didn’t. He refuses to give me one, i ended up buying one. What legal rights do i have?

Michael Wilson McGraw
Michael Wilson McGraw answered on Apr 22, 2021

You should seek counsel familiar with Maryland’s Lemon Law. It is tricky but I have found that once counsel gets involved, the buyer gets a response. Again there are certain procedural and timing requirements that competent counsel can assist you with.

4 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Maryland on
Q: Police are building a case against me for multiple counts of credit card fraud and theft.

I admitted to everything and they searched my car and confiscated evidence for the case. I was terrified because I owe many people money and I committed these terrible crimes. I have never been in legal trouble before. Will I have to pay fines and possibly jail time? I stole debit cards and items... Read more »

Michael Wilson McGraw
Michael Wilson McGraw answered on Apr 16, 2021

I too agree with my colleagues. Anytime you have admitted anything to the police you have given them an advantage making it all the more important to obtain competent counsel immediately.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Maryland on
Q: Can I get this ticket if my car has no front bumper on??
Michael Wilson McGraw
Michael Wilson McGraw answered on Feb 24, 2021

Absolutely. Mr. Oakley has summed up the law with regard to vehicle safety quite well.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Bad Faith for Maryland on
Q: How do I get an auto finance company to comply with requests from a GAP insurance company to settle an accident claim?

Auto finance company has consistently failed to provide all necessary documents needed by the GAP insurance company to settle a claim and pay off the balance on the car note. I am being billed for payments for a car that was declared totaled in an accident by my insurance company. This has gone on... Read more »

Michael Wilson McGraw
Michael Wilson McGraw answered on Feb 15, 2021

You should speak with an attorney. The auto finance company may be having some internal issues that you do not know about. Additionally, because you're paying on a vehicle that is totaled, the finance company is causing you to incur economic damages which you may be able to recover.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.