Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Arizona Native American Law Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning, Real Estate Law and Native American Law for Arizona on
Q: Co-trustee and current beneficiary wants to resign and make me Trustee of Land trust - I'm successor and 2nd beneficiary

The Trustor was my Uncle, and he died in 2017. He and his ex-wife are co-trustees for the land trust, I believe his name is still on it because she couldn't get a death certificate (they divorced in 1987). The ex-wife wants to resign as co-trustee and walk away, leaving me the trust and... Read more »

Ilene L McCauley
Ilene L McCauley
answered on Oct 26, 2020

I am so sorry for your loss. This sounds like quite a difficult process.

I don't want to give you any advice, based upon what you wrote. Here is what I think you need to do:

1. Determine the value of the real estate, and whether or not the real estate is in the trust to...
Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Native American Law for Arizona on
Q: What do I put on a motion for a telephonic hearing in the navajo nation court on November 15? Do I have time?

The court hearing is up in window rock, and I live in Phoenix. I need to get my kids to school that day, and there isnt enough time for me to get there in time at 10 am, on top of the fact that I dont have a way to get there. I just found out a telephonic hearing was possible, but now there is... Read more »

Mike Branum
Mike Branum
answered on Nov 3, 2019

The Clerk of Court cannot provide legal advice, but yours is more of a logistical question. They may be able to assist you without filing any paperwork. That is where I would start. Hopefully another attorney with experience with the tribal court will see your question and provide a more informed... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Native American Law for Arizona on
Q: How do I get a post storage hearing on my vehicle which was towed without notice on tribal land

I have been denied a post storage hearing on my vehicle which was towed and now seized on tribunal land. I am the owner I was not the driver. No crime was committed, the driver was parked at a lake in the reservation, game and fish ran his ID, he had warrants,was taken into custody, I later learned... Read more »

Robert Donald Gifford II
Robert Donald Gifford II
answered on Apr 3, 2017

This answer may vary depending on the state that you are in, but generally the state statutes have no effect on trust land. You need to look to the tribal code for your remedy. You may need to hire an attorney familiar with that tribal court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.