Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Arizona Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Arizona on
Q: Okay I had a open case out here and then caught another case in Georgia. What’s gonna happen

I just got sentenced out here and put on IPS Probation. Now what’s gonna happen with my case in Georgia

0 Answers | Asked in Divorce for Arizona on
Q: why was i older to pay for my spouse vehicle repairs if the vehicle is shared community property?

I am divorcing my spouse and I was order to pay for repair to a vehicle I was in during a car accident. my husband refused to let me pay for it well we were together so it never got repaired. now that we are separated he asked for it to be repair and the judge order I pay for it. I cant afford it... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Elder Law, Health Care Law and Landlord - Tenant for Arizona on
Q: Who do we call for a landlord not taking care of the bedbugs in all units.

We have a 68 years old woman who is disabled and was kicked out because she kept asking for help. Then after a week sleeping outside of complex they told her she could come back.

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law for Arizona on
Q: How can investors in Arizona buy real estate subject to an underlying mortgage and/or sell using a wrap mortgage?

I heard the law says the liens must be paid off when buying!?

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law for Arizona on
Q: Told I couldn’t contact HOA office because I said I was going to contact an attorney. I never threatened, harassed,

or used profanity. The Board even put in their community letter That I was told I could not contact the office per Mang. Co. Attorney, yet when I asked for something in writing from their attorney, the managing agent told me it was Attorney-Client Privilege. They don’t like the fact that I’m... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Domestic Violence for Arizona on
Q: Is it possible to get an extension for filing a lawsuit following a State of AZ Civil Rights decision?

I filed a Civil Rights complaint with the State of Arizona Attorney Generals office one year ago and an investigation was finally recentyl completed. A decision was made on February 17, 2023 and I was offered the option to sue the company. I was then given 30-days to obtain counsel to file a... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Probate for Arizona on
Q: Can the name of the deceased be edited on an already filed letter of appointment of Pers. Rep.

Can the name be edited to include the full middle name and "II" after? The deceased's bank will not accept the letter of appointment of Personal Representative as is. Can an amendment be added, or must the full application be resubmitted?

0 Answers | Asked in Tax Law for Arizona on
Q: I am a truck driver living in Arizona. My terminal I work out of is in Idaho, and there home base is in New York.

This company does not have a terminal in AZ so they do not take out Az State taxes. Filing 2022 taxes Idaho taxes were taken out. I was to get a check from Idaho witch I was to the understanding to use to pay my AZ taxes with. Now Idaho is questioning why I had ID taxes taken out, good question.... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning, Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Rights and Probate for Arizona on
Q: I was told a petition was for legal counsel for my kids and then they were assigned a GAL in probate court for a trust

I asked what the persons responsibility would be in court. I would have opposed a petition that was aimed at taking away any of my rights to parent my children. I asked specifically they would be involved in my life or making decisions and was told it was only for the trust. Can I appeal this? I... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law for Arizona on
Q: I called a plumbing company because my pipes were clogged. They installed unecessary cleanout valves.

Bottom line... the plumber's called buddies in restoration business. They called and set-up my claim with my homeowner's insurance. The plumber's are working at my house and I need to go to the courthouse to secure an Order of Prot. against my live-in rommate who threatened to kill... Read more »

John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Mar 17, 2023

That’s quite a tale, but there is no question posed for anyone to answer.

Try reposting this with a specific legal question stated clearly either first or last.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Civil Rights and Health Care Law for Arizona on
Q: Do I have to provide a healthcare provider's recommendation for reasonable accommodation if asked for by my employer?

Currently requesting an ADA accommodation due to my high anxiety working in office at my workplace. I am diagnosed with Bipolar 1 and have had a history of anxiety. I let my company know about my disability; however, to approve the request, I am required to provide proof of disability and... Read more »

John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Mar 16, 2023

Anxiety can be, but is not necessarily, a disability under the ADA. It must interfere with major life activities like eating, walking, dressing, etc to be considered a disability.

The employer has the right to request documentation.

0 Answers | Asked in Business Law, Civil Litigation, Contracts and Mergers & Acquisitions for Arizona on
Q: Relationship A.i has in seeking truth proof of past events statements overheard software databases voice recognition

Authors & created content in Literature & Poems previously written & spoken out loud & copyright protection for the creator of particular pieces that have been saved on devices no longer accessible or any way to find pieces of conversations or statements and exact words from... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law and Civil Rights for Arizona on
Q: Do I have to provide proof of disability from a healthcare provider for an Ada accommodation?

I am requesting a remote work accommodation from my employer because I am unable to function in the loud work environment at the office. I have bipolar 1 disorder and they are asking for a healthcare provider to provide a note stating I need this accommodation. Do I need to provide this or am I... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights for Arizona on
Q: If you have won a civil judgement is it illegal to put up a sign outlining the results of the judgement if it’s all fact

Is it illegal to mail them a letter about the people they hurt?

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights, Communications Law, Domestic Violence and Landlord - Tenant for Arizona on
Q: Hidden camera inside (shared) apartment Arizona

My roommate has been very loud and I recently setup a clearly visible doorbell camera inside my apartment facing toward the hallway. This camera provides me peace of mind and safety of knowing who is at my door, although my roommates appear not to like it. I am concerned about the legality of this... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Family Law, Domestic Violence and Legal Malpractice for Arizona on
Q: Appellate court dismissed the appeal, declaring it was not a "Final appealable order"

Judge ordered the cases be unconsolidated, yet appellate court claimed final order was unsigned. Does that mean the cases were still consolidated? Why would my attorney specify only one case number when notice of appeal was filed?

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Arizona on
Q: Are two rule 11 evaluations allowed in one criminal case? Arizona.

I am facing a felony and wish to take it to trial so the court did a rule 11 evaluation on me (arrested 3/8/22 & it was Oct before the evaluation was complete and I was deemed competent. My court appointed public defender clearly does not want to take it to trial, it's clear as he tells me... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Immigration Law for Arizona on
Q: My husband threatens me with deportation all time and mentioning that he will not go to the visa interview as my husband

I entered usa by k1 visa me n my daughter i got married in the court to us citizen since sept 2022, filled for l130, l485, l765. Did biometric fingerprints.

Right after i found my self facing emotional n sexual abuse but got squared to report it because he threaten me that he will cancel... Read more »

Gunda Yohanna Brost
Gunda Yohanna Brost
answered on Mar 14, 2023

For your safety please see a reputable immigration attorney immediately and don’t post on a public forum anymore. If you can’t afford a private attorney you can potentially get help from pro bono organizations that assist immigrants going through abuse.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.