Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Arkansas Workers' Compensation Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Public Benefits and Workers' Compensation for Arkansas on
Q: If I was fired from my CNA job in 2020 at the local hospital, can I cash out my 401K?

I worked there for 4 years. Was fired for using phone during work hours.

2 Answers | Asked in Employment Law, Workers' Compensation and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Arkansas on
Q: Got hurt at work I am a medical marijuana patient can I get fired
Chris W. Burks
Chris W. Burks answered on May 8, 2021

Thanks and you cannot be fired simply for being a medical marijuana patient if you are in a position that hasn’t been designated as safety sensitive. In other words, if the type of job you do hasn’t been listed in writing as no medical marijuana because it is safety sensitive, an employer... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Personal Injury, Tax Law and Workers' Compensation for Arkansas on
Q: If a Female attorney is unwilling to defend, do I not have a right to separate her from overburden.

She has sent what appears to be a recorded message, it is not her answer.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Sep 22, 2019

An Arkansas attorney would be in the best position to answer, if there are state-specific laws involved. But your question remains open for a week. As a general matter in any jurisdiction, you are free to separate from your attorney. At the same time, your attorney could be entitled to compensation... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation and Identity Theft for Arkansas on
Q: I have multiple active case(s), and no return calls from the Attorney(s) I have informed. What do I do?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Sep 18, 2019

Anything is possible. They may be in court, they may have needed to take time off, there may not be developments to report on, etc. But still, you are entitled to have your calls returned. You could follow up with email and let them know that you have been trying to reach them. Good luck... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Arkansas on
Q: I got a lung disease while employed at a dusty factory. Now disabled for life I’m 27. Can I sue Company for this?

I’m 27 now been in and out hospital for last year, seeking answers on what was wrong with me. Was very healthy until this all started. Worked there for 4 years in extremely dusty chemical factory (alumina dust). Company takes no blame but I don’t see how they can possibly not. I’m... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 24, 2019

You want to contact an attorney who is a member of the Arkansas Assn for Justice/Trial Lawyers Association who handles workers comp & occupational disease claims. You should apply for Social Security Disability. If denied appeal. If the time has run file a second application.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Arkansas on
Q: I was hurt on an accident at work involving a bobcat workman's comp picked up I am still injured now that I am to head

Back to work they are giving the guy who injured me my position and tring to put me somewhere else I feel like it's a form of retaliation on my part

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Oct 18, 2018

Depending on what happened you may have a claim against the Bobcat manufacturer. As to the work issue speak with your attorney that handled your comp claim.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Arkansas on
Q: Can I be compensated for second injury if claim was denied and for other jobs I can no longer do
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jul 1, 2016

Not sure of what you are asking. Why not contact a member of the Arkansas Trial Lawyers Assn who handles workers compensation and get a free in person consultation.

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Arkansas on
Q: I got hurt at work that caused an back injury a specalist recommended an precedure can I receive any compensation?
Mr. Robert Neal Katz
Mr. Robert Neal Katz answered on Jul 14, 2011

Yes. You have a right to recover your lost wages, have your medical expenses paid and will likely have a right to receive payment based upon a disability rating the physician will assign to your injury. The disability ratings vary greatly by physician and are often low if the physician regularly... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.