Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Cannabis & Marijuana Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Colorado Cannabis & Marijuana Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Colorado on
Q: 4 beers over 5+ hours, got ruffied with MDMA, ended up in Boulder with a DUI. Can I fight this due to the MDMA?

I went to a bar, had 4 beers over 5 hours minimum. I was giving someone a ride who had a bottle of vodka. I was off 80th & Sheridan but ended up in Boulder. I pulled over and put hazards on, but the car was running to not kill my battery. I don’t live in Boulder nor have a reason to be in... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Colorado on
Q: Can I start a recreational dispensary in Colorado even if I'm not a resident of CO?

I've heard you can appoint a business manager and as long as that person is a CO resident then you can still get your recreational dispensary license.

T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Oct 3, 2023

Colorado regulations do allow for non-residents to own a stake in a dispensary, but there are specific requirements and limitations. One common workaround is to appoint a business manager who is a Colorado resident, which you've mentioned. This would allow you to proceed with the licensing process.

1 Answer | Asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Colorado on
Q: Can you roller skate and smoke marijuana
Aaron A. Pelley
Aaron A. Pelley
answered on Jul 13, 2021

I am not sure if you can. But it has been done.

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Cannabis & Marijuana Law and Landlord - Tenant for Colorado on
Q: How do I protect my house from a squatter?

I have a squatter in my house invited by my daughter-in-law who is growing marijuana in their bedroom. They have changed the locks and installed a deadbolt without consulting me, the owner. It is in a tent with lights and a fan hooked to a extension cord and I'm worried about a fire while... View More

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Apr 29, 2021

Outside of cutting off utilities, you will need a competent attorney to file an Eviction Suit to remove the unwanted occupant. It will not be fun and your house will be damaged. You might open the door with a crowbar and remove contraband. But again hire an attorney. It may be necessary to evict... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Appeals / Appellate Law and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Colorado on
Q: Recently found evidence

If someone was wrongly convicted and found evidence to prove their innocence how do you bring such evidence to the attention of the court ? This evidence was provided to the public and to the court who refused to address it ? Its concerning mmj red card plant counts .

Thank you

Sean Maye
Sean Maye
answered on Dec 1, 2020

You would need to file an appeal under Rule 35(c). If you are incarcerated, you should request an attorney to assist you with this. If not, you should consult with a private attorney because these petitions are very complicated and you will need detailed legal guidance.

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Colorado on
Q: can I start a marijuana business as a trust beneficiary
D. Mathew Blackburn
D. Mathew Blackburn
answered on Jun 11, 2020

The fact that you're a beneficiary of a trust will not affect your eligibility to apply for a MED license.

Q: If I was hurt at work by another employee do I still qualify for no fault work coverage for my medical bills?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on May 18, 2020

It could depend on the circumstances. If you consulted with a workers' comp attorney, they would be in the best position to evaluate your situation. There are certain types of injuries not covered, and a WC attorney would have better insight into this than personal injury attorneys. It's... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.