Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Iowa Appeals / Appellate Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Divorce, Family Law, Appeals / Appellate Law and Child Custody for Iowa on
Q: do I Appellee need transcript? currently only have Decree & Appellant breif

ProSe confusion whitch turned into failing to file & had 15 days i now have 7 days.

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Rights and Gov & Administrative Law for Iowa on
Q: I qualify for four pardons that I need and deserve in the State of Iowa. How can I start this process. I need help

I served prison time for a charge I didn’t commit and was charged with. I over served the sentence. Also, I have other charges that I did not commit but was given a guilty sentence. I need an attorneys help. I really deserve this and I have no resources.

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Criminal Law and Appeals / Appellate Law for Iowa on
Q: I feel I wasn’t treated fairly in my hearing what can I do
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on May 11, 2022

Appeal or ask for a rehearing.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Appeals / Appellate Law, Car Accidents and Legal Malpractice for Iowa on
Q: Definition of/penalties for lawyer perjury when sworn in as a witness in IA.
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Oct 9, 2021

An Iowa attorney could answer best, but your question remains open for two weeks. If this involves motor vehicle accident litigation, your selection of categories makes sense. However, this could also be something that an attorney who deals with criminal law/professional conduct matters could have... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for Iowa on

A mother appeals a child in need of assistance adjudication

Austin J Luse
Austin J Luse
answered on Nov 9, 2020

When a ruling has been appealed and is "Affirmed in Part and Reversed in Part", it means that a portion of the appealed ruling has been affirmed, meaning confirmed here; and part of the appealed ruling has been Reversed, meaning that part of the original ruling is no longer valid. I... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Appeals / Appellate Law for Iowa on
Q: How do I reopen a closed case if I remember how it went down? I was 3 but it came to me randomly like a few months ago.

Saw and remember what he said and did. And watch the fire burn. It's more like an attempted murder but there's arson and deceit. Been doing research on it since but not really sure how to go about it

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Oct 31, 2017

Talk to the police. They may have a "closed case" unit.

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for Iowa on
Q: CLERK OF SUPREME COURTposted for my status under summary, (ready, no case statment). what does that mean
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
answered on Oct 17, 2015

You have to ask the people who made the notation what their notations mean.

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for Iowa on
Q: How do I appeal an Judicial Review decision and where do I find the rules for filing a 17A20 Appeals
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
answered on Oct 24, 2015

I guess you are going to represent yourself. Where you find the laws and case laws is probably in a local law library.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.