Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Identity Theft legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Kansas Identity Theft Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Identity Theft for Kansas on
Q: My husband opened and used a credit card account in my name, without my consent. What can I do?
Brian Leininger
Brian Leininger
answered on Sep 26, 2017

Assuming you want him to be criminally prosecuted for it, gather all of the papers you have regarding this account and go to your local police and make a police report.

1 Answer | Asked in Identity Theft, Consumer Law and Personal Injury for Kansas on
Q: what kind of lawyer would i need for a business allowing a crime to happen to me?

staying at a hotel, person went to front desk, was issued a key, then went into my room, took over 1000 dollars of my belongings, took personal information which was used to takeover my bank account. The person was not on my reservation nor on the list of people allowed in my room. I was offered... View More

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jul 20, 2016

Talk to a member of the Kansas Trial Lawyers Assn /Assn for Justice--they give free consultations.Did you send a formal, itemized demand to the home office?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.