White Collar Crime Q&A by State

Your current state is Virginia

US Territories

  • Puerto Rico

Show More States »

Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
White Collar Crime Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Insurance Bad Faith, Landlord - Tenant and White Collar Crime for Oregon on
Q: Is it legal for a landlord to have ones neighbors spy and follow them around. Neighbors who share walls document all?

I believe my landlord is colluding with my surrounding neighbors in order to gain information about the way I live so that they may navigate renters insurance the best way. For 6 months this has caused me extreme mental distress to the point where I tried to kill myself out of hopelessness and... Read more »

Gregory L Abbott
Gregory L Abbott
answered on Oct 1, 2022

Hard to see how someone else affects your renters insurance but nothing you have posted appears to be unlawful. Also is very hard to see why you would elect suicide over just moving elsewhere. You would likely be better served to focus your efforts on getting adequate counseling and care rather... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law, Real Estate Law and White Collar Crime for Connecticut on
Q: Hi, we were victims of real estate wire fraud last April, and lost over 100K. What type of lawyer would be able to help?

We received wiring instructions from our closing attorney and didn't realize it was from a spoofed email address. When he called asking if we had received the instructions we told him yes, but he did not verify the numbers with us over the phone and we didn't know to do that. Within the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, Federal Crimes and White Collar Crime for Texas on
Q: How can I get a transcript of court proceedings in 1991 in Bell County Tx.? Also a copy of conviction in it's entirety i
Stephen A. Nicholas
Stephen A. Nicholas
answered on Sep 25, 2022

To obtain a transcript, contact the court reporter if the court in which the case was heard. That would be the starting point for the transcript. 31 years is a long time to retain a transcript, depending on the type of case & what happened in the case (appeals, etc.). A copy of the conviction,... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in White Collar Crime for Georgia on
Q: Is it illegal to lie to a hospital and say you have Medical Power of Attorney so you can take someone off life support?

And shouldn't the hospital he held responsible for letting the person who lied make the decision to take someone off life support instead of the mother and siblings make it??

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and White Collar Crime for New York on
Q: Settle, medical pretrial divergement, or go to trial?

I have a federal charge of 1 count of "cyber stalking". I have no prior arrests or convictions.

I allegedly sent a bunch (10) of mean, childish emails to my ex-boss and allegedly made a fake profile of him on social media allegedly calling him names to an ex-boss who terminated... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law, Banking, Identity Theft and White Collar Crime for California on
Q: Checkbook was stolen, checks with forged signatures were cashed for almost $50,000. Who is liable?

My old checkbook was stolen that had 6 checks in it. From April to the end of June, 9 transactions were charged to my checking account with Bank A. The forged, fraudulent checks were all deposited in the fraudster’s Bank, Bank B. 3 transactions were repeat transactions i.e. same check with same... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Banking, Identity Theft and White Collar Crime for California on
Q: Someone stole my checkbook and deposited checks with forged signatures, multiple times. Who is liable?

Someone stole my checkbook; forged signatures and deposited in Bank A. Many checks were deposited electronically 2 or 3 times (same check number!). My account is with Bank B who blindly processed them and deducted money from my account. Duration of 9 fraudulent transactions was from April 2 - July... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in White Collar Crime for Florida on
Q: Hi! My ex boyfriend bought me a car and sent me money last year and this money ended up being fraudulent.

We are not talking anymore. The homeland security came to my place and said that they might put a lien on my car and seize it and take the money in my account (but the money he sent me I already spent it). I need advice I want to know what to do. Can I sell my car or what should I do?

1 Answer | Asked in White Collar Crime for Florida on
Q: What charges can be found on a hotel employee who's pocketing the cash he takes and gives them the room free?
Stephen Arnold Black
Stephen Arnold Black
answered on Aug 18, 2022

If you have the evidence then contact the police and make a police report.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and White Collar Crime for Tennessee on
Q: Can we report our boat as stollen since we have not been paid for it? Can I Sue the dealership?

My husband and I own a boat that we decided to sell. We put it on a lot for a dealership to sell for us. The deal was that the boat would not leave the lot until paid for. We also agree that the dealerships would take $500 for selling it. We got a call from the dealership about 12 days ago saying... Read more »

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
answered on Aug 11, 2022

Probably a Civil Warrant in General Sessions Court for Breach of Contract or Conversion. Hire a TN attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Elder Law, Probate and White Collar Crime for California on
Q: My mother is 93 and suffers from dementia.i'm 75 and six (6) years ago I completed a 30 plus year prison sentence.

I'm the oldest sibling, and I have three (3) brothers and one (1) sister. Approximately 10 years ago my Mother gave my sister what I believe is a limited power of attorney to manage her property and assets. I was born in Dayton, Ohio. A few years after authorizing the above-noted power of... Read more »

Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst
answered on Aug 7, 2022

A fiduciary litigation attorney can help you attempt to get someone else appointed as conservator for your mother, and the conservator can sue your sister to get stolen money and assets back.

1 Answer | Asked in White Collar Crime for Louisiana on
Q: Questions regarding multiple defendants and whether to file in State District Court or Federal Court

There are multiple defendants to be named in a suit surrounding a single transaction. Each of the defendants has a different role in the events (i.e. intentional delays; fraudulent non-disclosure/concealment, breaches of fiduciary duties, breaches of contract, etc.) that took place to accomplish... Read more »

Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
answered on Aug 2, 2022

I would not recommend that you try to handle this matter yourself----it sounds complicated and as such, you should have an attorney represent you. Please use the Justia Find a Lawyer tab and search for litigation lawyers in your area to consult and then hire the one with whom you are most... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Antitrust, Appeals / Appellate Law and White Collar Crime for Tennessee on
Q: my lawyer was impersonating as a lawyer and got caught stealing money from clients.i was convicted of a crime under him.

what should i do?

Henry Ambrose
Henry Ambrose
answered on Aug 11, 2022

Its hard to answer this without lots more detail, but you need to talk to a good lawyer right away.

This absolutely casts serious doubt on your conviction and it may be that you are entitled to a new trial. You need a real lawyer now, do not wait. If you can't afford a lawyer write or...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in White Collar Crime, Consumer Law, Contracts and Personal Injury for Florida on
Q: I need to prosecute a case following under Title 16 - Crimes and Offenses, GA Code § 16-5-101

I am B.T.G, R.Ph. I have been a licensed Georgia Pharmacist for 32 Years. I and my son are disabled; he with a mental health issue. I arrived to Statesboro, Georgia on June 16, 2022, and lost a contract already under execution in order to assist and advise my 22 year old son on site at Georgia... Read more »

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
answered on Jul 24, 2022

What, if anything, does any of this have to do with Florida law?

3 Answers | Asked in Employment Law, Criminal Law, Banking and White Collar Crime for Texas on
Q: Don’t work for a company and that “company” sends you funds (cash app) can you keep it?

I’m being threatened by a make believe company that they will report me for stealing company funds. I do not legally work for them and they sent me funds over cash app. Since it was sent from cash app is it legally mine? They wanted me to be a money mule for them and convert it to Bitcoin for... Read more »

Elaine Jarvis
Elaine Jarvis
answered on Jun 17, 2022

Absolutely do not give this company any of your personal information. They are trying to phish you or obtain your personal details. There is a way on the cash app., I believe, to return the money, decline to accept it or report it as fraudulent. I would explore those avenues. The cash is not... Read more »

View More Answers

Q: Has Workers Compensation in California been sued and charged for murder or attempted murder?

Workers Comp Adjusters attend physician/doctor appointments and direct medical care. Those directions and restrictions on medical care are serious enough to cause death.

E.g. not authorizing evaluation and treatment for a serious skull and brain injury that is known to cause death if left... Read more »

Gary Alan Jackson
Gary Alan Jackson
answered on Jun 7, 2022

GET AN ATTORNEY! you cant fight back when you don't know the rules of engagement.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and White Collar Crime for Minnesota on
Q: Ths fame was faulty I jumped to the next frame.

A friend accepted $500,000,000 worth of art and collectibles, took them out of state and sold them as her own. I kept track of all sales. I called the Sotheby's, Christies, Butterfields when they announced the sales and got a ton of goofy answers. They sold these items with made up... Read more »

Jonathan Matthew Holson
Jonathan Matthew Holson
answered on May 28, 2022

Contact law enforcement if you have a crime to report.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.