Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Kansas Juvenile Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Juvenile Law and Social Security for Kansas on
Q: Will social security benefits continue after emancipation in Kansas?

I’m trying to get emancipated from my mom after losing my dad. I have social security benefits ($1,251/month) that go to her right now. Will this end when I become emancipated or will it transfer over to me? The death benefit would help pay for an apartment, but if it’s not going to be there, I... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Juvenile Law for Kansas on
Q: Can a person felony as a juvenile still be used to classify a person on the sentencing grid in kansas. When did change

I was not adjudicated on this case and it has always been used before but I'm hearing it's not now

0 Answers | Asked in Juvenile Law for Kansas on
Q: I'm 17 in missouri and my dad has told me multiple times that I could get out. Is that permission to move out?

Im 17 and a senior in high school that will be going to college in the upcoming fall. My father and stepmother have told me horrible things (that I'm a wh**e and that I'm F**king up my life) and they are mentally and verbally abusive. Last night my dad screamed in my face and told me... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Juvenile Law for Kansas on
Q: What does it cost to have a misdemeanor record expunged
Patrick Lewis
Patrick Lewis
answered on Dec 26, 2012

It used to be free, but the legislature passed a bill last year setting a filing fee. That filing fee should be around one hundred dollars. You can file it yourself or hire an attorney to handle the paperwork.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.