Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Construction Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Oklahoma Construction Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law, Civil Litigation and Construction Law for Oklahoma on
Q: What type of lawyer would specialize in an invoice dispute?

Dispute is between a private resident and a construction company invoice for work performed at home.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Oct 21, 2022

An Oklahoma attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. A civil litigation attorney should be able to handle a straightforward one. If the matter is highly technical with engineering or architectural attributes, there are construction law attorneys. Good luck

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Construction Law, Criminal Law and Environmental for Oklahoma on
Q: What is the law about distance of a dispensary to a baseball field in Oklahoma?

Distance of baseball field to dispensary

Charles Watts
Charles Watts
answered on Sep 7, 2021

There is not one. The limitation is in reference to a public or private school, so unless this baseball field is on school property, then there is no restriction currently.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Construction Law and Small Claims for Oklahoma on
Q: On title 47 section 901 I had only abandoned vehicle for two hrs or less do I have a law suite?
Charles Watts
Charles Watts
answered on Feb 8, 2021

This can dependent on who removed the vehicle and from where. If the vehicle was on private property then §901 would not apply and therefore the 48 hours that you are wanting to enforce is not applicable because the land owners rights supersede your vehicle rights. If the vehicle was removed by... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Construction Law and Landlord - Tenant for Oklahoma on
Q: living in this rental home since march of 2019. In May of that year the heat/air entire unit went out. what can I do?

I have been with no air all summer, do have window units but its now winter and I have 2 dogs that stays inside. there is no heat provided at all. The air ducts and installation is still not installed and its been like that since May 2019. At time of the lease signing everything was working.

Doak Willis
Doak Willis
answered on Nov 4, 2019

You must contact the landlord in writing notifying him/her of the problem.Title 41 section 121 of the Oklahoma statutes can be read by you but says the following. C. Except as otherwise provided in this act, if, contrary to the rental agreement or Section 18 of this act, the landlord willfully or... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Construction Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Can a builder ask for compensation without a written contract for suggesting an architect and meeting with you ..

I met with the builder couple of times and am paying the architect, engineering and surveyer . he did ask to be copy pasted on all emails and did attend a couple of meetings .. we never had a written contract.. the layout is 65% done and it’s time to give it off for bidding.. this guy was very... View More

Benjamin Oxford
Benjamin Oxford
answered on Jul 16, 2019

Possibly. It depends on what your discussions were. Verbal contracts can be binding. It doesn't help that he was copied on emails and attended some meetings. That may entitle him to some amount of compensation, though probably not much. I would need more information before telling you for... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Contracts and Construction Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Is a builder's 1 year warranty the same as a structural warranty for a new built home?

Our home was built in 2017, but appears to have structural issues. Would the builder be liable on a structural warranty?

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on May 24, 2019

The only way you will ever know is to try to sue the builder under the "structural warranty."

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law and Construction Law for Oklahoma on
Q: How can we find out if a lien was filed on our property? If it's a false lien how can we get it removed?

We live in Garvin County, OK. a person graded our gravel driveway in lieu of pasture rent. But when the pasture lease was terminated at the end of the lease period, he said we owed him money for the grading. But according to the lease agreement, the grading was supposed to be done as needed in... View More

Richard Winblad
Richard Winblad
answered on Oct 3, 2017

Sorry for your problems,

You can search here to see if a lien was filed:

If there was contact an attorney about your options. Too many to explain here.

1 Answer | Asked in Construction Law for Oklahoma on
Q: If a person land is zone agricultural can you use it for Automotive Commercial or General commercial District
Howard Berkson
Howard Berkson
answered on Dec 7, 2013

Zoning ordinances can vary by city and county. You need to know what the permitted uses are under those local rules. If your intended land use is not permitted under the zoning rules, you can try to get the area rezoned, but it is usually simpler to get a zoning variance. A zoning variance is an... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.