Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Oklahoma Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Oklahoma on
Q: How do I sue my aunt for slander and defamation of character causing law enforcements to remove me and not letting me se

She continuously lied to law enforcements on the issues and activities at hand I have police bash and body cams to prove she lied to law enforcements make any faults at accusation to law enforcements can be held as a misdemeanor in court

0 Answers | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Oklahoma on
Q: I was ticketed for larceny of merchandise, at a local Walmart, a month ago.

However, when I go to the OKCcourt website to pay my ticket, there is no record of it. There is record of it on the municipal records site but it just says that the citation was given (a month ago) and no "file date" is listed. Does this mean the officer never filed the ticket so I dont... Read more »

Q: need attorney advice in defending enforcment of civil judgment from oklahoma to other country please . local judgment ,

final civil judgment was obtained last year. judgment and final judgment were obtained by default judgment without my knowledge. now attempting to enforce it in forging country were i reside for the past few years. need to know if there is a treaty by state of Oklahoma and that international... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Child Custody, Civil Rights, Domestic Violence and Native American Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Well what steps do I need to take if father wasn’t listed until child 5 yo n claimed not Indian so he could take him

He made false claims to be heard for em custody I had no lawyer yet. He wasn’t on birth certificate but he was granted temp cus n saying son was Caucasian and then moved across the United States won’t let me see or speak to him im supposed to have visitation rights. My life has been ripped away... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Civil Rights and Education Law for Oklahoma on
Q: I recently found out that my name was forged on a certificate of origin and never on the contract I was told I was on

I thought I was a co buyer/purchaser on a contract but I never was on the title and the finance place forged my name on certificate of origin after the buyer passed away. OTC said I was never on the lien at all and I was in a wreck in the car and it’s been a huge mess up. I just need help about... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: I was pullled over for traffic violation. Dog detected drugs. Cop found meth in console it wasnt tested @ scene.

How can someone be arrested for meth if it was not field tested at the scene? Will it be sent to a lab automatically for testing. Does this help my case at all since it wasn't tested. Plus I was unaware this was in my car. I expressed that to the officer at the time. My question is in OKlahoma... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: The judge assigned to my case is not the same judge I see for court proceedings. Is that legal? Also was detained in

A different county than the one I'm being charged in and there is no documentation of my stay in different county. Can US Marshalls track your location via phone without a warrant?

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Charged with felony child neglect in Oklahoma. The police report uses prior residence as the location of crime.. I used

And tested positive in a different county. Can this case be dismissed for lack of jurisdiction or being charged in the wrong venue?

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Is a field test required by an arresting officer during a traffic stop? i.e. meth

How can someone be arrested for a simple possession in Oklahoma if the substance was never tested at the scene? Is the substance automatically sent to a lab to be tested? How long can this test take? Can an individual request these results? Should there be a certain amount in order to be tested?... Read more »

Brian Marc Roberts
Brian Marc Roberts
answered on Dec 2, 2022

Many agencies have stopped field-testing substances they believe to be drugs based on their experience with narcotics and the appearance of the substance. A few years ago a couple of officers were rushed to the hospital after being exposed to a narcotic after opening the container it was in and... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Hello what is the Federal guidelines in order to qualify for a court appointed lawyer in Oklahoma?

What is the federal poverty level for an individual? Basically how is this figured?

David A. Cincotta
David A. Cincotta PRO label
answered on Dec 2, 2022

Typically, someone who is out-of-custody will be required to complete an application for a court-appointed attorney (the application form is likely available through the court clerk, the court, or the public defender's office in Oklahoma County). The courts will require that you fully complete... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Constitutional Law and Federal Crimes for Oklahoma on
Q: I wasCharged in '16 w/ felony of knowingly concealing stolen property amount of 500.00$ but it was just changed to1,000

Can I possibly be retried or have a modification to my sentence

David A. Cincotta
David A. Cincotta PRO label
answered on Dec 1, 2022

You are likely eligible for an expungement of all records of the offense (because of a change in law to make those convicted of a felony that has been reclassified as a misdemeanor eligible much sooner than others convicted of a felony). Unfortunately, you will still have to obtain a pardon first... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law and Personal Injury for Oklahoma on
Q: my babydaddys dad put a hidden camera in our bedroom without us knowing for over a year.

when I found the camera in a speaker he cut out, everyday his dad would turn the heat all the way up during the summer to sweat me and the kids out up stairs. I took the sd card from the camera when I found it and have thousands of videos and photos of him setting the camera up that was controlled... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Education Law for Oklahoma on
Q: My son is in the 5th grade and was told he must participate in a Christmas concert outside of school hours. Can they?

This is not an elective we took nor did we agree to anything outside of school hours. They said it was a grade. How can they force a child to perform for them outside of the school hours

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.