Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Environmental Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law and Environmental for Arkansas on
Q: I own property in an rural area of white county Arkansas. I have a new neighbor that is turning the area into a dump.

She moved in 2 campers without any kind of perc test and her property stays wet and under water most of the time. She has thrown blocks pallets and mattresses into a ditch and it really is a nuisance. Any thing I can do to keep my property from loosing value and to protect our environment

0 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Products Liability, Environmental and Small Claims for Ohio on
Q: Dropped a concrete parking divider on my foot moved by a different complex. Can I sue?

I do trash pick up for my apartment complex. There's another complex next to us divided by concrete parking blocks. On my route today I saw someone from the other complex moved on so they could drive through our complex from or to theirs. I decided to be a good guy and move it back in place... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Agricultural Law, Energy, Oil and Gas and Environmental for Kentucky on
Q: Does electric company have the right to come on my KY farm & cut blueberry bushes. Can't find any easement back to 1961.

Not recorded on my deed and I searched back to 1961.

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Jan 12, 2023

I’d search it back further than 1961, but if there’s no easement, they have no right to enter or use your property.

0 Answers | Asked in Environmental for Ohio on
Q: My daughter tested positive for lead I reported it Where we live but now they’re being sneaky you take lead cases

They had us exit or unit and lied about the reason why when I realized why everybody acted like they didn’t know anything they have not reported it to anybody else in the building there’s a sneaky stuff going on

0 Answers | Asked in Environmental for Georgia on
Q: Can a company be held responsible for not notifying you of a chemical spill?

A company had a chemical spill around Christmas, on January 4th a woman and her child went to the water where there were dead fish and a milky color to the water. She called the local news, they found out a local company had a spill and told nobody. The neighborhood found out the next day when... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Constitutional Law and Environmental for Florida on
Q: Can a physical dimensional requirement of a lot be cured by the application of a special exception?

The lot in violation was historically my backyard, taken by adverse possession by an employee of the county zoning office. He applied for a special exception for the lot, as a buffer from his conditional use k-12 school. He is now using it for a football field. The county council never ruled on the... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law and Environmental for Massachusetts on
Q: Commercial landlord & his attorney arent responding to termination of lease letter due to water supply negligence

The water supply happened to not be up to state standards before moving into the space/signing the lease and did not find out until after the fact. He has been working to complete/resolve the situation however it has been 5 months now and have not been able to run business out of the space (where... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Environmental for Tennessee on
Q: I am in Castalian Springs and a spiteful neighbor has a boom cannon going off every 45 seconds. What can be done

Definitely a public nuisance, affecting hundreds of people. What legal action can be taken to stop the spiteful behavior?

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Discrimination, Employment Law, Civil Rights and Environmental for Illinois on
Q: I work for the state of ill. Dhs. I have asked for special accommodation and they have refused. Can I sue

I have allergic reactions when sitting at the front desk/first floor in the office. The reactions are debilitating and require medical/emergency attention, medications and inability to work. I have been denied an excuse from working the front desk and constantly have to be absent from work. I was... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law, Real Estate Law, Environmental and Gov & Administrative Law for Arkansas on
Q: Can lee County ark. Road dept tear down a cattle fence and pile trees 50 yds. in pasture while clearing road ditch?

A good barbed wire fence and metal fence post were destroyed without consulting with me (land owner) and ruined some grazing pasture ground with mounds of trees.County road dept. made no effort to contact me.

0 Answers | Asked in Environmental for Alabama on
Q: Water from faucet made me sick.

Have videos and pictures

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law, Civil Rights and Environmental on
Q: Can a condo association prevent owners from smoking in their condo and porches in the State of AL?

The porches attach to a breezeway that is a common area. We have older residents and residents with cancer that are complaining about the 2nd hand smoke entering their condos through the walls, doors and windows.

0 Answers | Asked in Agricultural Law, Construction Law and Environmental for Maryland on
Q: What Maryland laws are there against bush craft, or more specifically open and enclosed fires on private property?

I am practicing how to build a temporary shelter, which will include a clay furnace with a short chimney for cooking/ grilling purposes. I would like to know what laws there are, or regulations I must know before I start the project.

Do I need a builders permit?

How much distance is... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Environmental and Personal Injury for Texas on
Q: I want an attorney that is brave enough to go against Falls County and Marlin Texas for their water contaminants?

Marlin Texas and Falls County has more contaminants and higher levels than lake lejeune or Flint. 21 contaminants 11 toxic and a lot of people dead with cancer.

John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Dec 28, 2022

This isn’t a question of bravery. Mass toxic tort cases like this require the time of multiple legal professionals probably for a period of 2-3 years.

It’s a question of finding plaintiffs who have been effected by the toxicity of the water who have the financial resources to fund...
Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Environmental for New York on
Q: My lease is up 02/01/2023, my funds and time frame that I have can not find myself an apartment in 30 days. What to do?

I have moved into an apartment which pays $2000 for a 2 bedroom 02/01/2021 with a 7 year old child. Last year 09/2021-02/2022 I experienced dirty brown water coming from my shower and bathroom sink on and off for several months . On multiple occasions attempted to contact the landlord and super. I... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Environmental and Landlord - Tenant for Texas on
Q: I need help with mold in my apartment. My landlord isn't doing anything & my 1 year old now has a virus due to the mold

The management has been here a week last week it was someone else but I say this because they're saying none of my money orders can be found and I have not paid rent which taxes went really funded me and I have proof which is an approval letter. I think now they're just trying to listen... Read more »

John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Nov 16, 2022

There are a number of licensed mold remediation companies that can remediate mold in a dwelling. The procedure to notify a landlord to make necessary repairs is described in detail in Section 92.051-92.062 of the Texas Property Code. It's a few pages of reading, but too long to post here.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Civil Litigation and Environmental for California on
Q: I have condo in Long Beach that has sustained months of water damage. Asbestos was found in walls and is now abated.

This has left over half of the condo without walls, closets, cabinets and drawers in bath, kitchen and some floor covering is missing. The leaks are fixed.

Problem: My HOA and the property management company have delayed beyond a reasonable time to get repairs completed. We are now... Read more »

Adam Stoddard
Adam Stoddard
answered on Nov 1, 2022

That's unfortunate news about your condo. I would suggst to first review the CC&R's to see whether or not you can even make repairs without having the oversight from the HOA. I have a condo myself used as a rental property, and I know the CC&R's dictate that the HOA has to... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning, Environmental and Native American Law for Kentucky on
Q: If I wanted to donate land to an Indigenous tribe, where would I start?
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Nov 2, 2022

Research the various tribes, determine to whom you want to donate the land and then transfer the property to the donee.

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Environmental, Land Use & Zoning and Small Claims for Oregon on
Q: Can I take action about a neighbor's overgrown thorn bushes that keep trying to infect my back yard and attach my trees?

His backyard is Completely infested with with thorns and doesn't do anything. He is also scary and constantly verbally abusive to his own family, so talking to him is out of the question.

Katherine Goodman
Katherine Goodman
answered on Oct 11, 2022

Without more information on the location of your property, if you have any agreements on whose responsibility it is to maintain the bushes, where the bushes are located, if you have any or need any easements, it is hard to say what your next step could be. However, if you have not spoken with a... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.