Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Sexual Harassment legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Oklahoma Sexual Harassment Questions & Answers
Q: Can I sue the tribal casinos for verbal sexual harassment, violation of the NO CONTACT AGREEMENT?

I filed a sexual harassment against my supervisor i was punished by being transferred and my benefits started over and taking the only shift available. A NO CONTACT AGREEMENT was effect. A year later I became a customer and no incidents for about an year I didn't look but didn't see... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination, Employment Law and Sexual Harassment for Oklahoma on
Q: I was terminated at my work place after 16 years of employment through them. The last 3 months I worked I started having

Health issues with swelling. Some of the swelling was in my gut. Let me add this I am a female and work with all men for these 16 years. My main supervisor started to notice my gut and proceeded to make pregnancy comments (even though he has known I was gay the entire time I worked there) He also... View More

Rhiannon Herbert
Rhiannon Herbert
answered on Jan 10, 2023

You should contact an Oklahoma employment attorney to discuss your situation in more detail. While more information is needed here, you should reach out regarding claims for disability discrimination and/or sex discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment, Internet Law and Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: I am being blackmailed with a video of sexual nature taken of me at 16.

I have proof of him threatening me directly and through another person. He has harassed me on and off since I dated him a year ago. He harassed me and other girl last night and is not threatening to post said video as a way to keep me quiet about his harassment last night.

Charles Watts
Charles Watts
answered on Aug 4, 2021

Contact an attorney as well as file a police report regarding the harassment and threats, and consider potentially filing a VPO. There are specific statutes regarding this type of crime and it should be taken seriously.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for Oklahoma on
Q: Can my parents win a case against an 18-year-old if I'm 16

I live in Oklahoma and the age of consent is 16 can they really win a case?

Charles Watts
Charles Watts
answered on Nov 22, 2020

This question requires much more information to be answered with any degree of accuracy. However, while the age of consent is 16 in the state of Oklahoma, the age of majority is 18, therefore a 16 or 17 year old is still considered a minor. Furthermore, if you are basing this question solely on a... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for Oklahoma on
Q: How would I get a mug shot for an older case
David A. Cincotta
David A. Cincotta pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Apr 10, 2020

Contact the entity that would have taken the mug shot and find out if they still have it. If the entity still has it, ask that entity how you go about requesting a copy. Oklahoma law enforcement entities (state and local) will provide it to you (if they still have it) pursuant to the Oklahoma... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Adoption, Employment Law, Family Law and Sexual Harassment for Oklahoma on
Q: Foster parent mistreating their adopted 17 year old. Enslaving her to do his business for very minimum pay.

She gets up at 6am every morning and works till 6pm chopping wood all day making 4x4x8 stacks of wood. Only paying her $20 dollars per trailer. That is below labor laws. She had told me other things in the past that were disturbing and cried not to go back and she was reported runaway last July... View More

Jason Perkins
Jason Perkins
answered on Nov 8, 2018

If you feel that the child is being harmed you should contact DHS and speak with an attorney about what other options you have available.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.