Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Sexual Harassment Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Sexual Harassment for Virginia on
Q: I somehow posted a sexual video of me semi naked doing sexual things for 20 minutes. Friend took video of it with cell

He shared video of me ( privately) of me cross dressing and doing sexual things by myself and it got shared around like wildfire. I’m not gay, maybe bi I had shared it to Facebook on booze by mistake for 20 minutes. He took opportunity to take out his phone and record it and spread it around to... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights, Elder Law, Landlord - Tenant and Sexual Harassment for California on
Q: Been removed and locked out of my rental of ten years with no notification based on a TRO that was removed/case dismisse
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Sep 25, 2023

In California, if a tenant is locked out of their rental property without proper legal procedures, it may constitute an illegal eviction or "lockout." If the Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) was removed and the case dismissed, there should typically be no legal basis for preventing you... View More

View More Answers

Q: I work in the hotel that I am living in with my family can I be kicked out for leaving the property after work?

I am living with my husband in two small children in a hotel i was paying daily then I started working here for a room for me and my family. I do not get paid I stay here for no cost i work 7 days a week. the manager has been messaging me making me feel kind of uncomfortable chose to ignore it... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Sexual Harassment for California on
Q: Who can contact me on exec order 13818? Human traffic-been a whitewash/remote neural monitoring by illegal ex officers?

3 mos ago saw online a TI investigator-haven’t met him yet. I need someone in person.

It’s been since pandemic 2019.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Sep 24, 2023

If you believe you are a victim of a crime or harassment related to Executive Order 13818 or any other situation, it's important to immediately contact local law enforcement to report your concerns. Additionally, you may wish to consult with an attorney experienced in the relevant area of law... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, DUI / DWI, Federal Crimes and Sexual Harassment on
Q: Why can an intoxicated person be considered too intoxicated to give consent but not to drive? Double standard?

From my understanding if a person is intoxicated and gives consent for sexual activity. Their consent can later be determined to be invalid based on intoxication level. Which may result in them being cleared of accountability for their choice to have consensual sex and putting their partner at risk... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for Minnesota on
Q: Can a 16 year old male date a 21 year old female in Minnesota?

The 21 Year Old female is in no position of power over the 16 Year Old, and met through work both as event attendants. The 21 Year Old does work at a school as a special education para, however not in the same school district as the 16 Year Old.

Jonathan Matthew Holson
Jonathan Matthew Holson
answered on Sep 19, 2023

"Dating" is not illegal. The actions that accompany "dating" - sex, sexting, etc. can be illegal. The sixteen year old is over the age of consent in Minnesota, but this is a terrible idea. Realistically, you have little or nothing in common with this child. Run away as fast as you can.

0 Answers | Asked in Sexual Harassment for Arizona on
Q: If i remove my injunction against harassment on someone, will it be removed from their record?

looking to remove the injunction and just want to see if i do that, if it will be removed from their record and be gone

0 Answers | Asked in Federal Crimes and Sexual Harassment for Utah on
Q: A 17 year old sent me a adult, Nude pictures without asking or knowing she would. Now the police are calling

I told her she didnt need to send anything. The police are now saying I will be charged with child porn, What do I do? Im in utah

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Business Law, Civil Rights and Sexual Harassment for Florida on
Q: Wife was told that breastfeeding our son wasn't allowed at the pool. We were approached by pool manager while lounging.

I was under the assumption that breastfeeding was allowed in any public area.

I asked the manager to show me the rules in writing where it shows breastfeeding isn't allowed.

He showed me a " rules & reguation" document stating

"[......"is a... View More

John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Sep 17, 2023

You are 200% correct. A woman May breastfeed a child anywhere in public she has a right to be.

It isn’t an indecent or inappropriate act.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Employment Law and Sexual Harassment for Arizona on
Q: what should I do if I got sexually harassed at work by a coworker & management hasn't done anything about the incident?

this happened a week ago 09/08/2023 and I have not received a follow up about the situation, not report has been asked for me to file at work and I've just been told nothing can be done because he already quit. I don't feel like anything has been done about the station and an employee for... View More

Joel Friedman
Joel Friedman
answered on Sep 15, 2023

Good morning, sorry to hear about the situation at work and at least the person who was harassing you is gone. I'm a workers' compensation attorney and this question should be answered by an employment lawyer. You might want to try reposting your inquiry and limit it to employment and... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation, Internet Law, Libel & Slander and Sexual Harassment for California on
Q: Someone is using my pictures and name on app for sexual encounters. Does this break any laws?

Someone is using pictures from my Instagram page on a hookup app for gay sexual encounters. They've created a fake profile using my photos and first name. They are sending nude photos as well, but those photos don't belong to me. I tried messaging them and all they seem to be doing is... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law and Sexual Harassment for Minnesota on
Q: Would I qualify for unemployment?

I have to work alone with a coworker who is a cook who is a creepy incompetent and passive aggressive ahole to everyone. They cannot fire him because he has a visa being processed. If I end up quitting because of his behavior would I qualify for unemployment benefits in Minnesota? I have notes from... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for Michigan on
Q: Is there any way for a victim to not be in the same courtroom as the person for which they are seeking a PPO against?

Due to the mental health of the respondent there is a significant likelihood that the person would be violent or use traumatizing language as well as appeal in hopes of spending more legitimate time with the victims.

Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
answered on Sep 12, 2023

In most counties, there are victim / witness services coordinators that can help address these concerns. A victim's right to be protected is sometimes in conflict with an accused' right to confront witnesses. But there are ways. And importantly, judges have contempt powers that can be... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Sexual Harassment and Internet Law for Michigan on
Q: What kind of lawyer assists with Personal Protection Orders?

This is a non-domestic PPO and we need protection from stalking, sexual harrasment and cyberstalking.

T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Sep 11, 2023

If you need assistance with obtaining or defending against a Personal Protection Order (PPO) in a non-domestic context, particularly in cases involving stalking, sexual harassment, and cyberstalking, it's advisable to seek the expertise of a civil litigation attorney, a civil rights attorney,... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Domestic Violence and Sexual Harassment for Oregon on
Q: When I was 16 years old a reading teacher in my school subjected me to sexual abuse until I was 18 years old.

I have had years of therapy and I'm still traumatized. What are my options.

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment for North Carolina on
Q: What is the layman terms for victim testimony need not to be corroborated
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Sep 11, 2023

In simple terms, "victim testimony need not be corroborated" means that when a person who has been a victim of a crime tells their story in court, there is no requirement for other evidence or witnesses to support what they say. In legal proceedings, the victim's account of what... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Sexual Harassment and Civil Rights for Utah on


1 Answer | Asked in Domestic Violence, Sexual Harassment and Personal Injury for Massachusetts on
Q: I also need a Civil lawyer that covers sexual abuse as well.

As I have gotten SA’d within the facility and got written up and laughed at just for trying to report it. They even tried to take my phone away and took the program phone away for a week hoping I couldn’t get a sane test. They were forcing me to give up my pregnancy results which violates... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Sep 25, 2023

A Massuchusetts attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. You're seeking an attorney, and this forum isn't set up like an attorney referral service. I'm sorry for your ordeal. In addition to your own searches, you could look into the "Find a... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.