Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Construction Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Washington Construction Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Business Law, Construction Law, Contracts and Gov & Administrative Law for Washington on
Q: Can I break a contract with a company performing work with a suspended contractors license?

A pipe broke in our kitchen one evening causing significant water damage. In a panic, I signed an "emergency services agreement/work order" with a water damage mitigation company. They stopped the leak and did some minor damage control, but there is still much to be done. In the... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Elder Law, Small Claims, Real Estate Law and Construction Law for Washington on
Q: Under which Washington State laws can I sue my neighbor for building his fence onto my property?

The neighbor denied wrongdoing and blames his contractor. I hired a Surveyor to prove the fence was on my property and now I want to get him to pay for it.

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 28, 2023

You will need to hire an attorney to file a Boundary Dispute. If you do not, then you will acquiesce to the new fence line as the boundary between the two adjacent properties despite the two legal descriptions. I doubt that you will be awarded any money, but you risk losing land.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation and Construction Law for Washington on
Q: My home was destroyed due to an incompetent roofer.

As part of roof repairs, my roof was removed, also a portion of my siding was removed. We had three days of heavy rains with no roof, the roofer didn't tarp my roof until the third day of the storm and by then every room in my house had water damage. My wife called him twice and he said we... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jun 24, 2019

As a starting point, you could contact an attorney to review the scope of the contract, determine if insurance coverage is available to cover the loss, and outline for you what damages are available to you under Washington State law.

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Construction Law and Contracts for Washington on
Q: I have hired a construction company. Company has lack of communication which leads us to asking what are our options?

Company would tell us they’re coming, but doesn’t show up and doesn’t inform us why they didn’t show. I would call, text and email but doesn’t response till a day or so.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jun 19, 2019

Since this takes place in Washington, an attorney licensed there would really be the one to meaningfully advise you as to all available options. But your question remains open for four weeks, so as a general matter in any jurisdiction, options could include seeking a new contractor, reaching an... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation and Construction Law for Washington on
Q: Do I have a case- short version- I tore my meniscus while on the job. Before I thought about possibly claiming L&I,

I gave my Dr my work insurance info and just told them I tore it getting it of car. I had worked for them for 5 months before this incident. When I finally talked to them they non-chalantly encouraged me not to claim L&I, saying they would pay me 80 hrs every 2 weeks and when the medical bills... View More

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jul 6, 2017

Talk to a member of the State of Washington Assn for Justice who handles workers compensation. Problem is your original story.......but members of SWAJ give free consults.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.