Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Washington Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Child Support for Washington on
Q: I’ve read that in WA state I can ask the courts help to show if my child support is really going towards the children.

I tried to modify my child support and her bank records showed she is spend ing $1k a month on women’s clothes and spa treatments. She doesn’t even have to pay rent. I’d love some help. Thank you.

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts for Washington on
Q: I hired a business to do my estate sale. Putting an ad in was part of contract. He failed to do so.

He only put ads in Facebook and rummageorama. He didn't tell me this until I was looking for my ad in estate sales. I spent 400.00 to get my furniture out if home for sale. Very little traffic for these items. I am extremely irritated at him . Do I have any recourse with him not living up to... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law for Washington on
Q: Do you have to rent before buying a home in Texas (become a resident) if you currently live in Washington state?

If you are not currently a Texan resident, do you need to rent prior to buying a home? If so how long do you need to rent for? If not is there anything specific that needs to be done prior to purchasing before moving to the new state

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law for Washington on
Q: HOA Question, State of Washington Currently, we have a lawn sprinkler leak that has been leaking since April 2021

HOA Question, State of Washington

Currently, we have a lawn sprinkler leak that has been leaking since April 2021. The board voted that 2 residents experienced with lawn sprinkler irrigation systems go ahead and repair the leak. However, our management company said we could not do the... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Washington on
Q: I want to pack up and leave because my marriage is emotionally draining me. But I have a son what should I do?

My husband belittle me and told me that if I leave he will take our only child. He told me that I will not win against him. I don’t want to stay with him but I don’t want to loose my son. My husband does not care for my safety or our son safety if he gets what he want. Once I told him I did not... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Washington on
Q: If I was charged with theft and trafficking in the first is there anyway to get it dropped and what's a good defense
Patrick Owen Earl
Patrick Owen Earl answered on Sep 17, 2021

You need to sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney today and talk about this situation because nobody can teach you how to defend these cases for you. This isn’t like calling up a plumber and getting instructions how to replace a sink. You need to just interview and talk to an... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Products Liability for Washington on
Q: KIA Recall SC147; engines seize/heating. KIA inspected 2017 & said no engine replacement. My engine seized yesterday.

After the engine seized I nearly avoided an accident due to the power steering and brake going out. I feel that the dealership was negligent in identifying my engines malfunctioning components and the need for an engine replacement. What are my options?

0 Answers | Asked in Construction Law and Contracts for Washington on
Q: What provisions, specifications, notices, disclosures, must be included in a contract to replace the siding on my home?

Is there a template or sample form of contract that contains all the necessary terms and provisions for a home improvement contract? My siding contractor (candidate) is a young guy, new to contracting, and I am not sure he knows everything that must go into the contract.

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Child Custody and Municipal Law for Washington on
Q: can someone get charged with rape twice from the same person.

i live in Washington. my boyfriend of 3 yrs was charged with 3rd degree rape from the mom of his children she was a minor at the time when she was pregnant and the hospital collected the fathers info and reported to the authorities. meanwhile the whole thing was going on in court, they were still... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Washington on
Q: Time to renew guardianship, my lawyer said she would renew ,but been over two weeks with no answer to any of my calls

At this point should I be looking for another lawyer? This is frustrating.I did give her information she requested and still not hearing anything

0 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy, Banking, Collections and Small Claims for Washington on
Q: Do I have a case ?

In 2017 I co-signed for a care credit account for a former friend, we no longer speak but she had been paying on time, I January of this year I found out she stopped paying in October, I contacted care credit for details, the suggested credit counseling for her to be able to make payment. I reached... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Elder Law and Probate for Washington on
Q: Can the Executor of my Father's Will be removed a year after his death?

The Executor of my Father's Will cremated him vs burying him with Military Honors as his Will directed.

She filed a quit claim deed a month after he died, giving her and her son my Father's four properties. The deed was notorized four months before he died, using a rubber stamp... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Divorce for Washington on
Q: We have joint responsibility for a motorhome, former spouse refusing to pay half the note now. Options?

In the divorce decree, my ex-wife and I agreed to maintain shared responsibility for a $43000 motorhome because we owed too much and couldn't sell it at the time. That was from 2017. I've paid for the maintenance, insurance and made all loan payments. She has paid maybe $1000 total since... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Divorce for Washington on
Q: Can a default divorce be overturned?

My spouse got served. But never responded. So the divorce was granted by the court as a default divorce.

0 Answers | Asked in Child Support, Civil Rights and Family Law for Washington on
Q: Is filing a Motion to Vacate the best action to take in this Child Support Modification case?

On 8/13/21, I was served a Petition to modify child support. My response needed to be filed & served via certified mail by 9/2 (20 days after). My Ex lives 5 hrs away in a county which does not have E-filing, therefore all court documents need to be filed in person or via mail.

On... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Civil Litigation for Washington on
Q: I am being sued for personal injury and cannot find anyone to represent me. "services" does not show defense.

Every single office I have called says they prosecute, but do not defend. How am I supposed to defend myself??

0 Answers | Asked in Construction Law and Contracts for Washington on
Q: My Shoreline, WA. condo of 16 years has some structural defects that the HOA by-laws state they are responsible for yet,

They will not take responsibility and continue to avoid the needed exterior repairs to fix the issues. ie bay widow , door frame and structural "sill plate" cold air leaks. Flir infrared imagery was performed by a contractor that clearly show defects, yet the HOA continues to abuse their... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Washington on
Q: kids back form cps for fraud and abuse of power and violate of my 4th 6th amendments my other child is being abuse bydad

if there is very low income or probono please help me

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.