Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Wyoming Employment Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Landlord - Tenant for Wyoming on
Q: I rented an apartment from my employer. I gave a 30 day notice that I was leaving my job at the same time…

I gave the owner 30 day notice of vacating the apartment. Last day was the 15th of December. I had to move up the last day of work to the 8th of December. The owner is now telling me that I have to move out 4 days after my last day of work. Is this something that he can do or do I still have tell... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Dec 4, 2023

In your situation, the terms of the lease agreement between you and your employer, who is also your landlord, are crucial. Generally, if you provided a 30-day notice as per the lease terms, you would typically be entitled to stay in the apartment until the end of that notice period, which in your... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law for Wyoming on
Q: I was fired from a job on 5-2-23, and i had pto built up,can they legally keep that from me on termination.

I gave my two week notice,was called into the office and was told i had infractions concerning the company policy,was wrote up on several items,at the last day of my resignation week,i was called back into office and terminated.

Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
answered on Jun 9, 2023

It depends. Some states require payment of accrued vacation time because this is a part of the compensation package. But accrued sick leave is not treated the same way. Unable to tell about your PTO. This case arises under EMPLOYMENT/BENEFITS/WAGE law. You need to discuss with an attorney in your... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law for Wyoming on
Q: Can my employer make me get a flue shot

Working for a mechanical contractor in cheyenne wy were doing a job for the va hospital they are trying to say we all need to get a flue shot and provide them with documentation I feel this is against my rights

Carrie Dyer
Carrie Dyer
answered on Oct 28, 2020

Your employer can require that you get a flu shot unless you are entitled to an exemption for sincerely-held religious beliefs or for medical reasons. If either of those reasons form the basis upon which you do not want to get a flu shot, you can ask to be exempt. You should reach out to an... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Personal Injury and Consumer Law for Wyoming on
Q: The Company my wife works for gave out her personal info and bank info to a scam person, what can she do about it?
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jan 26, 2017

Take all reasonable steps to protect your identity and accounts. If they were defrauded it may or may not be carelessness on their account. You'll have to speak with a member of the Wyo. trial lawyers Assn who handles employment law, juggle the possibility you can get something vs staying on... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law for Wyoming on
Q: Can a company withhold severance if you don't agree to not say anything negative about them?

My spouse and several hundred others were recently laid off. In order to receive their severance package they had to sign a contract agreeing they would not say anything "disparaging" about their former employer for one year. This included conversations with current and ex-employees as... View More

David Alan Wolf
David Alan Wolf pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Apr 2, 2016

In many states, a severance package is not required. As such, a company may have no obligation to pay out a severance package even if it is the right thing to do. Consult with a Wyoming employment attorney to find out your rights. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.