Hawaii Traffic Tickets Questions & Answers

Q: My son was driving my car and hit a empty parked car but left the scene. He was ticketed for leaving the scene

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Traffic Tickets for Hawaii on
Answered on Nov 3, 2017
Peter N. Munsing's answer
The attorney can find out from the judge but it'll look way better if he comes back as the whole thing happened because he left. As they say the "optics" are bad if he can't be there. The attorney can try to rearrange the date or time so that it's first thing Monday or Last thing Friday or whatever day he can get off.

Q: Hrs 286-207 exemptions certain vehicles. Part 8

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Traffic Tickets and Civil Rights for Hawaii on
Answered on Apr 8, 2017
Peter N. Munsing's answer
You are missing something. The DMV doesn't agree with you. http://www.dmv.org/hi-hawaii/motorcycle-registration.php

Q: Someone is accusing me and my fiancé of crashing into their car. We weren't there and they have no actual proof.

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets, Car Accidents, Military Law and Small Claims for Hawaii on
Answered on Feb 2, 2017
Peter N. Munsing's answer
Notify your insuance to be on the safe side. Have an attorney draft a cease and desist letter. They can also give you a couple of short sentences you can respond to. If they aren't getting a rise out of you, sooner or later they will find something else.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.